• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,429 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2023 at 7:32 PM, Cat said:

Is there a brick where you can write that you love your girlfriend? 

Thoughtful idea 😜

I always wondered if Lego were like dominoes, that you eventually pack back up? Or if it is in the fun of building and leave it as something of a conquest? 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/3/2023 at 8:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thoughtful idea 😜

I always wondered if Lego were like dominoes, that you eventually pack back up? Or if it is in the fun of building and leave it as something of a conquest? 

At 9000+ pieces, it's something I try to spend 3-6 hrs. a week on. Taking my time, doing one bag each sitting. It will be displayed somewhere in the cave.

On 7/3/2023 at 8:29 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

At 9000+ pieces, it's something I try to spend 3-6 hrs. a week on. Taking my time, doing one bag each sitting. It will be displayed somewhere in the cave.

I admire the pluck! I can dig it as it's not a one and done so to speak with so many pieces, and some displays look spectacular, so again, I'm not knocking it  (thumbsu I was curious the inlay of thought to it.

I suppose it is different for everyone and was curious the draw. As I would like to take an interest, this thread points out a lot that people get some inspiration from, I hope that Joy continues!

The few things as kid I had that took up space felt like a lot to ask for 😂 I don't want to "seem" or sound like a grumpy guss hahaha 

I've got things that I thought would bring that kind of enjoyment and yet were somewhat unfulfilling in the end. I wouldn't want to spread that around. They look nice when done and are intricate. :)

I just didn't know if it was like the builder that when done looks at it as a lot of pieces? A lot of pieces put together? Or the coliseum on the box? I was deep in thought as I posted so pardon the drawn out reasoning. 

On 7/3/2023 at 9:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I admire the pluck! I can dig it as it's not a one and done so to speak with so many pieces, and some displays look spectacular, so again, I'm not knocking it  (thumbsu I was curious the inlay of thought to it.

I suppose it is different for everyone and was curious the draw. As I would like to take an interest, this thread points out a lot that people get some inspiration from, I hope that Joy continues!

The few things as kid I had that took up space felt like a lot to ask for 😂 I don't want to "seem" or sound like a grumpy guss hahaha 

I've got things that I thought would bring that kind of enjoyment and yet were somewhat unfulfilling in the end. I wouldn't want to spread that around. They look nice when done and are intricate. :)

I just didn't know if it was like the builder that when done looks at it as a lot of pieces? A lot of pieces put together? Or the coliseum on the box? I was deep in thought as I posted so pardon the drawn out reasoning. 

Sounds much like the Buddhist mark of existence known as 'Dukka'. When I finish, weeks down the road, I guess I could always shout 'Anicca, Anicca" and slowly disassemble it piece by piece, knowing that ultimately material structures such as these, though they assist one in being diligent and attentive, and give one a sense of the history that took place a little less than two millennia ago, are ultimately illusory. Oh well, time for an illusory scotch. :cheers:

On 7/3/2023 at 8:47 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Sounds much like the Buddhist mark of existence known as 'Dukka'. When I finish, weeks down the road, I guess I could always shout 'Anicca, Anicca" and slowly disassemble it piece by piece, knowing that ultimately material structures such as these, though they assist one in being diligent and attentive, and give one a sense of the history that took place a little less than two millennia ago, are ultimately illusory. Oh well, time for an illusory scotch. :cheers:

I would go with there is a creator, nothing new under the sun, and such isn't a meaningless set of circumstances because that I believe that there IS a freedom of choice.

If some things are set in motion I must believe that though I'd like the credit or to someway be involved, I am very circumstancial to the Jehovah Adonai Christ Jesus that somehow made the correct initiative on my behalf. So while my "choice" may seem inconsequential it is something that the i Am that told Moses in me must bear record for choosing.

Such is life. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Got an Amazon Prime Account?

For Prime Members - $5 shipped... 

Obi Wan Kenobi - Wandering Jedi - Vintage Collection 3.75" Scale 

That's cheap

https://www.amazon.com/STAR-WARS-3-75-Inch-Scale-Multicolored-F4474/dp/B09H1QHWPG

image.png.780f961bca00df3644c967cbef956759.png

On 7/3/2023 at 10:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I would go with there is a creator, nothing new under the sun, and such isn't a meaningless set of circumstances because that I believe that there IS a freedom of choice.

If some things are set in motion I must believe that though I'd like the credit or to someway be involved, I am very circumstancial to the Jehovah Adonai Christ Jesus that somehow made the correct initiative on my behalf. So while my "choice" may seem inconsequential it is something that the i Am that told Moses in me must bear record for choosing.

Such is life. 

I struggle to understand your posts. Not just this one. Do you speak like you write?

On 7/7/2023 at 5:50 AM, Dave2739 said:

I struggle to understand your posts. Not just this one. Do you speak like you write?

I can't speak for the other posts, as sometimes editing takes time, (you should see my registry descriptions), but sometimes it takes knowledge of the subject matter, as when I type I might shorten phrases or sentences to condense stuff.

I understand why you quoted to say that though lol

When I talk there is someone who can either listen or walk away, so I don't feel as rushed to spit it all out. While I stand by my comment, as I think it is coherent lol

It WAS rushed  😭💔

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/7/2023 at 10:24 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Box 3 has begun - this is far and away one of the top 3 sets I've built.

20230707_221856.jpg

20230707_221925.jpg

You should see if you can get the Roman chariot set that was included with it as a limited time bonus if you bought the set when it first came out as a complimentary piece.

On 7/7/2023 at 5:18 AM, MultiSig Mike said:

Anyone know the time of this sale?

ama bat.JPG

These sold out in minutes but there were multiple waves of releases.  I was able to grab one after several tries.  Apparently Amazon was letting scalpers order 30 at a time.  Hopefully you were able to order one before the bots beat you to it.  

On 7/8/2023 at 2:06 PM, Miketimus_Prime said:

These sold out in minutes but there were multiple waves of releases.  I was able to grab one after several tries.  Apparently Amazon was letting scalpers order 30 at a time.  Hopefully you were able to order one before the bots beat you to it.  

You have a link ?

@PeteFromPetesBasement was looking for one. 

If you cannot find one, can you get a link from your order (not to your order) but from it. 

So it's up for preorder..

The Lego Ghost with Phantom II: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ghost-phantom-ii-75357

I do not see any incentive to order this yet at full price... $160?  I want at least double points, a tremendous gift with purchase or an Amazon discount.  I also want to see the instructions once they are put online as well as a review from someone who has it in hand.  However, if you do not get this, I do not expect them to ever reissue or make a new version again. 

@Brandon Shepherd

From my online view of it compared to the original which I have in front of me.

Pros

• If you do not get this version of the Ghost, I do not see them every having reason to make another one.  This is not an X-Wing
  • the design is tighter.
  • Boarding ramps that actually make more sense on the sides.  However the boarding ramp is supposed to be on the front and the side cylinders are supposed to be airlocks. 
  • New figure assortment.

Cons

• The original is bigger.  You can tell by the side cylinders where the airlocks / boarding ramps are.  On the original those were used as escape pods capable of fitting two minifigures.  That's a four by four round that will not fit anything. 
  • The smaller size does not allow for as many modifications like the original allowed for.  I don't know where a crew fits. 
  • No Sabine Wren, Ahsoka, Zev, Ezra or Kanan... (Yes I know Kanan is dead by this point).   Will they reissue them in other sets?  Who knows. 
  • Jacen Syndull is supposed to be green. 
  • The Phantom II is painfully small.  It is scaled down so that the figure fits into it like a coffin.  The older versions allowed for figures to sit more upright with storage. 

image.thumb.png.3add2c5b97344356f1115f590638e0eb.png

image.thumb.png.0319fa7cd9183cb4b969378dfa10c587.png

image.thumb.png.80e5a0be8bf7c4579c023ec8c087e95d.png

image.thumb.png.608bd493f27189797595bd8f5e6b6aab.png

image.thumb.png.a34c7cbde2d8f4d96ba6770c5e8454fd.png

We were out of town for a few days, and when we returned, the remaining packages from my Pulse Powerdays splurge had arrived. Like, I hadn't planned on army building Madroxes (Madrii?), but when they're $16 shipped...why not?

Also included was this TF Lite Brite set. I gotta say, when they first released this thing, I was tempted, as it looked pretty cool. But it was $99, and I didn't think it was $99 worth of cool.

Most people must have felt the same way, because eventually they cut the price in half, down to $49.99. And it still sat.

But at $49.99, plus 35% off, I could no longer resist! I probably should have bought several, but something tells me it'll still be around for the next sale. Now, to find the time to assemble it. Have to imagine it's going to take a while.

And that's that, at least until the next sale, which will probably be around Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Also arriving are the recent Pulse/Amazon exclusive Senator two-packs. I'm all about this stuff, the more obscure the better.

IMG_4084.JPG

IMG_4142.JPG

IMG_4146.JPG

IMG_4147.JPG

IMG_4143.JPG

IMG_4144.JPG

IMG_4145.JPG