• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NICE! Just scored ASM #10 on ebay...

19 posts in this topic

Just snagged this on ebay a few mins ago.....nice copy too! 893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gif

asm #10

This helps me in my run of ASM from #8-38 in cgc 8.0 or better.........still need a #9 and #11. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Nice book. You got a good discount on the typical FMV because of the page quality too. Saved you about $100.

Just snagged this on ebay a few mins ago.....nice copy too! 893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gif

asm #10

This helps me in my run of ASM from #8-38 in cgc 8.0 or better.........still need a #9 and #11. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Nice book. You got a good discount on the typical FMV because of the page quality too. Saved you about $100.

thanks....it is nicely centered and not the usual wrap. Seller had sent me a large scan of the front/back covers. And it went for below 8.0 guide price. I'll take that anyday. grin.gif

I've noticed #10 and #20 frequently have dark tanning on the right edge, but this one looks pretty good. Plus the centering and everything else is nice. I think alot of people would be happy to have this one in their collection, certainly at that price.

I don't get the dissatisfaction with COWP that drives prices down so much. I've been able to pick up a lot of nice GA for great prices because it seems people have avoided them because of COWP.

I've noticed #10 and #20 frequently have dark tanning on the right edge, but this one looks pretty good. Plus the centering and everything else is nice. I think alot of people would be happy to have this one in their collection, certainly at that price.

I don't get the dissatisfaction with COWP that drives prices down so much. I've been able to pick up a lot of nice GA for great prices because it seems people have avoided them because of COWP.

It's kind of an arbitrary line, but one that people have been drawing for silver age and later books. confused-smiley-013.gif I had a resub that used to be OW come back C/OW a few months later, so I'm not sure there's even really a lot of precision to the PQ determination.

the #11 is going to be TOUGH G. gossip.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah, there's a CGC 9.0 on ComicLink right now. What will be tough is finding one on the cheap.

comiclink should be called "cracklink". blush.gif josh is one of the biggest hypocrite in the market today. screwy.gifmakepoint.gif

It's kind of an arbitrary line, but one that people have been drawing for silver age and later books. I had a resub that used to be OW come back C/OW a few months later, so I'm not sure there's even really a lot of precision to the PQ determination.

On that note, one of the questions that I asked CGC, was who determinies PQ, and it's the FINALIZER only. So unlike the grade, it's just one persons opinion.

Still, I have been avoiding Cream to Off White, unless it's in a package deal. The main reason is I can't tell if it's a borderline book, or one where the pages looks really Cream and the pages don't have any "bounce" to them.

It's kind of an arbitrary line, but one that people have been drawing for silver age and later books. I had a resub that used to be OW come back C/OW a few months later, so I'm not sure there's even really a lot of precision to the PQ determination.

On that note, one of the questions that I asked CGC, was who determinies PQ, and it's the FINALIZER only. So unlike the grade, it's just one persons opinion.

Still, I have been avoiding Cream to Off White, unless it's in a package deal. The main reason is I can't tell if it's a borderline book, or one where the pages looks really Cream and the pages don't have any "bounce" to them.

In my experience, cream to off-white pages still have plenty of bounce. The primary difference between C-OW and White pages is in the smoothness of the paper itself. C-OW paper feels a little rougher when you slide your finger across it. But truth be told, it feels that when when it's OW too. C-OW is just a little darker at the outer edges. Still plenty of flexibility in the pages though! Light Tan is where you start to run into problems.

the #11 is going to be TOUGH G. gossip.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah, there's a CGC 9.0 on ComicLink right now. What will be tough is finding one on the cheap.

comiclink should be called "cracklink". blush.gif josh is one of the biggest hypocrite in the market today. screwy.gifmakepoint.gif

Why a hypocrite? confused.gif

Congrats on the pickup, G-man. thumbsup2.gif You got a really nice book at a great price. Didn't take you long to rebound from losing out on my copy, either.

no sir....gotta stay positve....now help me find a #9 and 11!!!! flowerred.gif