• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil #7 NM+ 9.6 on eBay

48 posts in this topic

I count no less than 6 spine stresses. Probably more like an 9.0 at best.

There's a big color-breaking crescent crease along the right edge. That, along with creases on upper and lower right corners, stress and/or tears to the top edge, and spine stress would ding this book down to 8.0 or so.

There's a big color-breaking crescent crease along the right edge. That, along with creases on upper and lower right corners, stress and/or tears to the top edge, and spine stress would ding this book down to 8.0 or so.

Almost looks like a pre-Marvel chip so maybe its not too bad. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree. 8.0 would be pushing it.

it IS a fairly nice book, quite overgraded, might have bid, but getting a rediculous deal on mine heh.

Didn't you just say earlier that the most expensive book you ever bought was $40? Do you honestly think anyone is buying your bulle, xokxtrunks? foreheadslap.gif

Almost looks like a pre-Marvel chip so maybe its not too bad. confused-smiley-013.gif

Pre-Marvel chip? confused.gif

I may be wrong but from what I understand this is how it goes: There is Marvel chipping when the chips are evident, pieces fully gone, and then there is "pre" chipping when cracks are evident but pieces are still intact. Sort like "almost chipped".

Nope. "Pre-Marvel chipping" is when the book has tears on the edge that have not turned into complete chips (i.e., the paper has not fallen off yet). They usually look like 1/4 inch +/- diagonal tears on the book's edge.

This is a crescent crease from reading and handling. It has nothing to do with Marvel chipping.

it IS a fairly nice book, quite overgraded, might have bid, but getting a rediculous deal on mine heh.

Didn't you just say earlier that the most expensive book you ever bought was $40? Do you honestly think anyone is buying your bulle, xokxtrunks? foreheadslap.gif

Speaking of xkxkxkxthskskx, only two more days until I'm supposed to be paid by him for something like a dozen books. I'm not alone in the waiting. 41 total auction wins and still no feedback. frustrated.gif

Yes, and all of his 9.4 books are listed as NM+ in the title.

Every single book is overgraded - "very solid Near Mint". This one is the most exaggerated. Whew!

So... I sent the seller the following message:

I'm thinking of bidding on this (and your DD 4), but I've got some questions. In your title, you have 9.4 and NM+ but I always thought 9.4 is only NM (and 9.6 is NM+). Which is it? You also say these are "solid NM books" and yet I can see stress marks on the spine. Do you have any other jpgs you can send? If I don't really think this is NM when I get it, will you offer a full refund? Thanks

And a short while ago received the following reply:

Please don't bid on my auction if you feel I grade inconsistently. You are blocked from bidding on any of my auctions.

Be afraid, kiddies; be very afraid!

Larry

Speaking of xkxkxkxthskskx, only two more days until I'm supposed to be paid by him for something like a dozen books. I'm not alone in the waiting. 41 total auction wins and still no feedback. frustrated.gif

Looks like you had a real Head bidding with no intention of paying. mad.gif

DD 7 NM+ 9.6 i know it's a supabig scan but screwy.gif

Well, at least he's providing a scan, but no way it'd grade higher than 8.5 or so.

I think NM 9.0.

I'm thinking about the same, I just cant make out if thats a scratch to the right of Subbys right arm going down the right edge of the book.