• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY: HAN SOLO (5/25/18)

410 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

He's an android so he was designed to be bald...maybe the people of Bespin all look like Telly Savalas.  :blush:

who-loves-ya-5b1189.jpg

I liked it as it was entertaining but a few things bothered me. 

Spoiler

Really thought Boba Fett would show up. That would have been cool. 

Darth Maul made no sense to me as he would have been dead for some time since he died when Anakin was like 10 years old and this happens 10 years before New Hope. If this has been pointed out my bad didn't read through 17 pages. 

36 minutes ago, paperheart said:

Deadline calling a $26MM weekend, complete disaster.  Even $200MM US going to be a stretch. China won't get to $20MM.  Massive red ink for Disney on this one.

Eh...It might still hit $200 MM...but $225MM looks impossible at this point.

16 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Some truth to this as looking at the summer schedule it looks weak. In the end Han Solo might be considered a hit compared to what's coming up in June,July and August.

What are the four big ones?

Jurassic World 2,Incredibles 2, Ant-Man 2 and another Mission Impossible.

All generic sequels. Maybe Ant-Man will surprise and be better than the first one,plus the Marvel anticipation after Avengers.

But, for the most part nothing that makes me want to rush out and go see.

I will wait until they all come out on demand Amazon or Netflix. :whatthe:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Some truth to this as looking at the summer schedule it looks weak. In the end Han Solo might be considered a hit compared to what's coming up in June,July and August.

All generic sequels. Maybe Ant-Man will surprise and be better than the first one,plus the Marvel anticipation after Avengers.

If Incredibles 2 is a generic sequel, i'm going to be crushed.   Finally watched A-M, it was ok- not as blatantly awful as IM2, IM3 or AoU.

42 minutes ago, paperheart said:

If Incredibles 2 is a generic sequel, i'm going to be crushed.   Finally watched A-M, it was ok- not as blatantly awful as IM2, IM3 or AoU.

I loved Incredibles and it was one of greats by all universally loved which makes Incredibles 2 under much more scrutiny to be a hit to live up to it's predecessor.  :wishluck:

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Will see Ant-Man & The Wasp  and Jurassic World at the theatre.  I'll catch Incredibles 2 and Mission Impossible on Redbox or some streaming service later on.  Loved the Ant-Man and Jurassic World was entertaining.

I will make one switch in that foursome -- Ant-Man and Wasp and Incredibles 2 in the theatre -- the others whenever.  I thought the last 'Jurassic World' movie was pretty bad; surprised at how much box office it got.

37 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Will see Ant-Man & The Wasp  and Jurassic World at the theatre.  I'll catch Incredibles 2 and Mission Impossible on Redbox or some streaming service later on.  Loved the Ant-Man and Jurassic World was entertaining.

None of them though have that must see feeling like Avengers Infinity War, Black Panther or Deadpool 2. That's what I am getting at.

:preach:

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

None of them though have that must see feeling like Avengers Infinity War, Black Panther or Deadpool 2. That's what I am getting at.

:preach:

Ant-Man had that "must see" feeling for me.  Jurassic World not so much but it was entertaining to me anyway.