• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 700 1st Print

22 posts in this topic

I'm filling in holes in my ASM collection and I've been looking at ASM 700's on the bay. Whats up with the price on this book? NM raw copies with asking prices at around $25 seems steep. Is there some 1st appearance in there I'm not aware of? What's driving the price on that book? They must have printed a gazillion of them.

I'm filling in holes in my ASM collection and I've been looking at ASM 700's on the bay. Whats up with the price on this book? NM raw copies with asking prices at around $25 seems steep. Is there some 1st appearance in there I'm not aware of? What's driving the price on that book? They must have printed a gazillion of them.

Perhaps an introduction to supply / demand?

Perhaps an introduction to supply / demand?

I don't remember exactly, wasn't there something on the order of 300,000 copies of that book printed? I understand what supply in demand is, but thanks for the snarky reply.

That said I thought my question was pretty clear, what's driving the price (and by extension demand) of this book? Is there something special about this book I'm not aware of beyond the obvious not really final issue/pseudo-death of PP?

It doesn't matter if the "printed a gazillion of them" if a gazillion + one wants a copy. It's not snarky, it's a fact of the market in relation to price.

Final issue of one of the most iconic series in the history of comic books and yes, "death".

Sales were just over 200K - I'd suggest it would be a better convention purchase book than e-bay, you just need to find a dealer with unsold stock because he over ordered to get variants.

:insane:

Don't forget also that it was a $7.99 cover price, so $25 is only three times cover essentially.

This book sold surprising well when released, some of my friends who ordered enough to get the Ditko sold through everything the first week as this jumped to $10.00.

It doesn't matter if the "printed a gazillion of them" if a gazillion + one wants a copy. It's not snarky, it's a fact of the market in relation to price.

Final issue of one of the most iconic series in the history of comic books and yes, "death".

This cannot be understated. The death of Peter Parker, and the final issue of one of the most iconic runs in comics.

This cannot be understated. The death of Peter Parker, and the final issue of one of the most iconic runs in comics.

I asked in the first place, about why this book is in demand is, because it's not a real death or a real final issue. Parker is back, we all knew he would be, and ASM is still in production after a short break (like we knew it would be).

That and the high production run made me have to assume there's some other explanation as to what is driving the price/demand. I guess it's just what it is.

No, the final issue of ASM is 441.

We don't speak of that "new" numbering.

:makepoint:

We don't speak of that "new" numbering.

:makepoint:

:roflmao:

ASM #700 sells wells at shows for $20 - $25 per copy. All of the LCSs that ordered big were moving them for $20 apiece within a couple of months and they sold steadily. The story is meh, except for the way the way Otto-Spidey takes care of the Scorpion, but I am happy to sell it for $25 a copy.

QFT.

It's the second final issue. Give it some time, until we're close to all of the ASMs totaling 1000, and they renumber again, and I'm sure it won't be the final final issue.