• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Widow Solo Movie Announced!! Official Movie Thread!

55 posts in this topic

I quite like her as Black Widow.

Love watching her moves when she is fighting.

Agreed. She is actually one of my favorite characters in the current Marvel crop.

Just finished "Hitchcock." She was a terrific Janet Leigh. Even in her most WTF movies like "Under The Skin," she dominates a role no matter how un-commercial. I have yet to see "Lucy" though.

I couldn't stand "Under the Skin," aside of course from her being in the buff. :cloud9: I'm a huge science fiction fan, but my girlfriend isn't, and somehow that equated to me hating that film and her loving it. :insane:

You know, I hated "Under The Skin," yet I'm compelled to watch it from time to time. I always think I'm going to run into a shiny alien in the middle of the woods now.

Scarlett Johanssen solo scene? :wishluck:

I was going to say I hope the film is minimum R-rated with lots of nudity, especially Scarlett.

Being the classy gent that I am, I decided against it.

I just meant a solo scene with lots of, you know, soul searching and internal dialogue. What did you mean, you classy gent disgusting perv? :insane:

Mila Jovovich would have been a great choice for the role.

Nope. No boobs.

And not half the acting ability of Johanssen either. (Not that she's bad.)

I haven't heard a single complaint about boobs in Return to Blue Lagoon...

Joss Whedon Would Return To Marvel For Black Widow Solo Film

After speaking with IGN at this year’s San Diego Comic Con, it looks like Whedon would reconsider a return to Marvel for a solo Black Widow film.

When was asked if he’d be willing to stage a Marvel comeback for the fan-favorite character, Whedon answered without hesitation. He said, “Well, if somebody pointed at me and said, ‘Do you want to make a Black Widow movie,’ the answer would be ‘duh’ for two reasons.”

:wishluck:

THOR: RAGNAROK Director Taika Waititi Wants To Helm A Solo Black Widow Movie... But Make It A Comedy

154822.jpg

During an interview with iO9, Waititi was asked if there's anyone else in the MCU that he feels his unique brand of humor would suit, and he responded with the following:

“In all honesty, I reckon I could probably bring something pretty unique to any of the franchises, so I’d love to see Black Widow. [I’d like to see] Black Widow as something crazy and a bit funnier than we expect it to be, because we know her story and it’s very sullen and very dark and her history is very dark. But! What’s the funny version of that? What’s the more entertaining version of that?”

For the man that was able to deliver an MCU movie hitting 96% on RT - and the success that is probably ahead for that movie - Feige is probably going to bend over backwards to make him happy.

She's one of the tougher characters to take a humorous slant on, but it's certainly possible.  Waititi certainly showed he can make historically serious topics funny with "What We Do In the Shadows," but he did it there by lampooning the entire idea of vampires.  He can't lampoon this, he'd have to take another angle, a challenge that he clearly identifies himself in that quote.

On 10/27/2017 at 7:43 AM, fantastic_four said:

She's one of the tougher characters to take a humorous slant on, but it's certainly possible.  Waititi certainly showed he can make historically serious topics funny with "What We Do In the Shadows," but he did it there by lampooning the entire idea of vampires.  He can't lampoon this, he'd have to take another angle, a challenge that he clearly identifies himself in that quote.

Could work as comedy if they have her chauffeur Ivan in it.

Ivan-Petrovitch-Bezukhov-Marvel-Comics-Black-Widow-chauffeur-c.jpg

My concern with all studios moving towards comedy themed super-hero flicks is that they will kill the medium. It almost seems like there is a race to the bottom now re: how much humor can we force into a film? 

Adrianne Palicki Wants Mockingbird/Black Widow Crossover

Mockingbird-and-Black-Widow.jpg?q=50&w=1

Palicki took part in an AMA on Reddit to promote her current show, The Orville, but Marvel fans could not let the opportunity go by without asking some Mockingbird0related questions. Palicki says she’s just waiting for the call to suit up again, and wants to team up with Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow if she gets the chance.

The potential for a Mockingbird/Black Widow team up is certainly a prospect that will get many excited, but it is probably very unlikely. For starters, Mockingbird has been MIA in the MCU for a few years now and there’s yet to be any real indication that her return is more likely to happen than not. Even if Palicki ever does get the chance to play the role again, it would probably be on the TV side still, and it is hard to imagine Scarlett Johansson guest starring on S.H.I.E.L.D., or any of the other Marvel TV shows for that matter.