• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show - June 19, 2016

73 posts in this topic

Flatliner,

Perhaps HH con needed to raise their table rates to cover the cost of the hall rental due to the slumping # of renewing comics vendors?

Do you have any of the following comics for sale in your $2 bin? From which decade are your $1 overstock comics?

Have to admit the Fan Expo Toronto guest list is super. Hopefully, Fan Expo Vancouver can get perhaps 15% of their Toronto media and comics guests. :wishluck:

FndepgGh.jpg

Not sure about the media guests side of the street, but I think some fans in Toronto will be jealous of the comics guests coming to Fan Expo Vancouver in November.

Mind shed some light in what you know of the comics guests coming to Vancouver Fan Expo? :baiting: Their website has zero inform about who will come. :baiting:

I only know of one comic book artist will be there. Got that word straight from the artist at Calgary Comic Expo.

fyi, Kurtis Wiebe (writer/creator of Rat Queens) will be signing his new Dark Horse "Bounty" #1 at Golden Age Collectables in downtown Vancouver, BC on Sat. July 9/16. Art by Mindy Lee.

See you all on Father's Day at the Van Comic Show. :headbang:

Not sure about the media guests side of the street, but I think some fans in Toronto will be jealous of the comics guests coming to Fan Expo Vancouver in November.

I'm already Jealous. Outside of Stan Lee, Frank Miller and Greg Capullo the comic guest list for fan expo canada is pretty weak.

Still holding out hope they will add J Scott Campbell or some other triple a talent.

I think the comic and media guests for the Fan Expo Toronto is stellar. <3

fyi, brochures for the Aug/16 Vancouver Expo at BC Place will be available near the front desk at the Vancouver :applause: Comic Show Sun. June 19, 2016.

I'm already Jealous. Outside of Stan Lee, Frank Miller and Greg Capullo the comic guest list for fan expo canada is pretty weak.

Still holding out hope they will add J Scott Campbell or some other triple a talent.

Like Joe Quesada? We've announced 41 guests, there are 112 on my list for the show, the rest will be added to the site over the next couple of weeks.

Campbell Studios will be at the show, so you can buy signed prints and art books there.

Honestly, I'm sorry you aren't happy with talent like:

Andy Kubert

Brian Azzarello

Klaus Janson

Humberto Ramos

Esad Ribic

Jason Fabok

Francis Manapul

David Finch

Mahmud Asrar

Ryan Stegman

Tim Sale

Clay Mann

Jonboy Myers

Marcus To

Marguerite Sauvage

Sterling Gates

Cully Hamner

Eric Canete

Ramon Perez

Cary Nord

Scott Hepburn

etc.

The positive buzz via Facebook chat for this Van Comic Show is strong.

I can't compete against Flatliner and his many :luhv: long boxes of $1 comics so I will try to go upscale:

PHynTEml.jpg

Reminder that Commercial Drive in Vancouver north of East 1st Ave will be closed for No Car Day just like last Sunday when that strip was closed for Italian Day so watch for traffic detours.

Like Joe Quesada? We've announced 41 guests, there are 112 on my list for the show, the rest will be added to the site over the next couple of weeks.

Campbell Studios will be at the show, so you can buy signed prints and art books there.

Andy Kubert

Brian Azzarello

Klaus Janson

Humberto Ramos

Esad Ribic

Jason Fabok

Francis Manapul

David Finch

Mahmud Asrar

Ryan Stegman

Tim Sale

Clay Mann

Jonboy Myers

Marcus To

Marguerite Sauvage

Sterling Gates

Cully Hamner

Eric Canete

Ramon Perez

Cary Nord

Scott Hepburn

etc.

Sorry Kev, I know you guys work hard to bring in some awesome guests,and I get its tough with the weak canadian dollar, but I really feel like this years list so far is not as stong as past years. It's just one mans opinion.

This will be my 3rd straight fan expo and my first as a VIP but none of those names make me feel like spending the extra money for the speed pass was justified so far. Fingers are crossed for some hopefully awesome names in the future tho! Would be cool to see some writers as well... Scott Snyder, Dan Slott, Gail Simone, Marjorie Liu etc etc.

I'd also kiss your backside if you brought in some of the Rothic crew. Jp Roth, Nei Ruffino, Sabine Rich, Dawn McTiegue, Ebas etc etc

Dawn McTeigue and Mike Krome will be there.

Maybe you could consider waiting until the full list is out before you declare it a disappointment or weak? Sounds like you have very specific wants.

Also, no - not difficult to get guests because of the dollar.

Andy Kubert

Brian Azzarello

Klaus Janson

Humberto Ramos

Esad Ribic

Jason Fabok

Francis Manapul

David Finch

Mahmud Asrar

Ryan Stegman

Tim Sale