• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things that make you go WTF????

23 posts in this topic

To member: darthdiesel

From member: adamefrey

--------------------

Dear E-Bayer,

You may have noticed that I cancelled bidding on Ultimate Spidey #1-13.

The reason for this is that I discovered last night exactly how

valuable the first issue is--basically, I concluded that I'm nuts for selling

it at this time. I'd prefer to keep this specific issue.

However, tomorrow I plan to begin anew the auction on issues #2-13.

Again, they're all first prints in excellent condition. I apologize for

the inconvenience, but hope you'll still consider the product. If not,

happy hunting.

-Adam Frey

==============================================

Anyone else here puzzled....that's just not cool, but at least they cancelled it way ahead of end...Doesn't excuse it but was not as bad as it could have been.

Well at least he contacted you to inform you of his reasons! How many days into the auction did it go before it was cancelled? And the real question is....are you going to bid again? crazy.gif

Bid history on item

I think it was fairly low at the time of cancellation. May be that is why it was cancelled? He didn't think it was going for enough or he realized that most bidders were going to stay away until the last minute and basically win the auction at his expense. It had NO reserve. This item to me was worth $150 to buy and about $225 for me to flip at. If CGC'd and real high grade, countless more big bucks as there is renewed interest in USM 1-10 in CGC 9.6 - 9.8. I've had requests and Rickdogg has had a few as well...

Will I bid again? To answer greggy's question - yes... I have no qualms about the books and they look to be in great shape. I'll just adjust the price by $50 - $75 to compensate for the missing 1; I would like the 2-10 anyway... grin.gif

After he restarts the auction, I'm going to email him and tell him how valuable issue 2 is. Then he'll cancel again and auction 3-up.

diesel, he already knows what it's called...after all he's a

ouch, that cheapshot hurt you friggin' icehole son of a bastich (as LOBO would say)! laugh.giftongue.gif Your lookin' at one poor among many, so I don't know where you get off on the idea of = rich. Are the up in big white house hurting for money? Does that mean ALL are filthy rich? BWHAHAHAHAHA!! laugh.gif

you need to stop watching so much Fox News and get out more, my rightward leaning friend. A "swizzle stick" is the thing you stir your drink with. I guess all you righties are only drinking martinis these days, so you wouldn't have one.