• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out this "Auction" site located near me...

50 posts in this topic

Just privately wrote the following:

Please remove the image of Action Comics 33 CGC 6.5 Off White to White from your website. I can personally trace the provenance of that book quite a number of years and is the copy that is currently sitting in my personal collection and has been for quite some time. I know the previous two owners of that particular copy as it has only traded hands privately. If you require any evidence that I own (and have owned the copy) then please let me know what you would need. In any event. I would like the book removed as it has not had anything to do with your site nor have I had anything to do with your business service.

Not that it matters but I believe I bought that from Mike and sold to Randy, but chain still secure lol

You are correct... I was thinking of Mike's 14-30 thread. You had picked up the 31-70 I think or something like that.

So the 33 did go from Mike to you to Randy to Me.

I was thinking of the 25 which went from Mike to Randy to CConnect then to Me.

As always Rick

(worship)

Weston Auctions needs to work on their apostrophe usage.

Correction: Weston Auction's need's to work on there use of apostrophe's.

and they need to join us here in the 21st century...

"women be buying lots of shoes" was a hack premise at the Comedy Cellar in the 80s, It's 2015

Just privately wrote the following:

Please remove the image of Action Comics 33 CGC 6.5 Off White to White from your website. I can personally trace the provenance of that book quite a number of years and is the copy that is currently sitting in my personal collection and has been for quite some time. I know the previous two owners of that particular copy as it has only traded hands privately. If you require any evidence that I own (and have owned the copy) then please let me know what you would need. In any event. I would like the book removed as it has not had anything to do with your site nor have I had anything to do with your business service.

:applause:

-slym

my husband ..looking very handsome at that..

Look out, Fabio! :cloud9:

My friend checking on them says "Weston auctions and appraisals are licensed in 3 states. The CGC authorized dealer lists for all 3 don't include them. By the CGC rules you have to qualify for permission to use that seal. They don't give anything away for free"

Their Comics page is here and shows them basically proclaiming themselves a CGC Authorized Dealer. Sounds like they're just slapping all sorts of images on their site that they have no right to use.

CGC could serve up some sort of injunction against them for that, correct?

Sounds like someone over at the office should know about this...

-slym