• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

28 posts in this topic

I should have said demand wise not price wise.

Just seems to me like this book has not been in high demand lately. I am curious if any other members have any input on this? Just seems strange this being a top 5 SA book and all. Seems like a slow year for JIM 83.

I have always felt JIM 83 while great book was weaker demand of the top SA keys. While TOS 39 has been red hot due to movies, Thor has limped along. Never a bad book and I do want one, but I am sure many are like me who wouldn't drop the cash unless it was a deal couldn't pass. Just my thoughts

I have always felt JIM 83 while great book was weaker demand of the top SA keys. While TOS 39 has been red hot due to movies, Thor has limped along. Never a bad book and I do want one, but I am sure many are like me who wouldn't drop the cash unless it was a deal couldn't pass. Just my thoughts

JIM 83 is in between movies, if you will, and so trading volume on this book is low right now. It's a great book and sort of neck-to-neck with TOS39 on the SA top 10 list.

I have no idea how you guys came to those conclusions but I find that so many people only look through movie hype glasses anymore that they actually don't see the books for what they are.

JIM #83 is one of only a very small handful of books to be released by Marvel pre 1963, making it more difficult to find than the 1963+ books. Only FF #1, AF #15 and Hulk #1 are in that handful.

JIM #83 is also very sought after (it's my favorite Marvel SA key - I like it more than AF#15)

The price has been steadily rising over the last few years.

JIM 83 is in between movies, if you will, and so trading volume on this book is low right now. It's a great book and sort of neck-to-neck with TOS39 on the SA top 10 list.

I have no idea how you guys came to those conclusions but I find that so many people only look through movie hype glasses anymore that they actually don't see the books for what they are.

JIM #83 is one of only a very small handful of books to be released by Marvel pre 1963, making it more difficult to find than the 1963+ books. Only FF #1, AF #15 and Hulk #1 are in that handful.

JIM #83 is also very sought after (it's my favorite Marvel SA key - I like it more than AF#15)

The price has been steadily rising over the last few years.

Didn't you know that a comic book character's related success in movies and/or television is the criteria applied for determining the value of their first appearance? After all, a '63 Avengers 1 is now a bigger key than '58 Adventure Comics 247 (see current SA hierarchy thread for this). It's only a matter of time before Avengers 1 passes Journey into Mystery 83 if Thor's movie success dies down. We are in the Movie Age Of Comics where the importance of keys are defined by how much a superhero movie makes in its opening weekend...

Actually, Tales of Suspense #39 is the big key because everything is centered around the Stark universe but JIM #83 still seems to be keeping up (and surpassing) TOS #39 in price - likely because it's tougher to find (and Thor is being used in movies).

But I still don't understand how they felt Thor was slowing down when the price has been continually rising for the last few years.

Actually, Tales of Suspense #39 is the big key because everything is centered around the Stark universe but JIM #83 still seems to be keeping up (and surpassing) TOS #39 in price - likely because it's tougher to find (and Thor is being used in movies).

But I still don't understand how they felt Thor was slowing down when the price has been continually rising for the last few years.

Because there's not enough Thor movie related discussion? There plenty of Iron Man related stuff. A future SA hierarchy poll will place Iron Man 1 ahead of Showcase 22.

If only there was a club thread devoted to this book where this topic could have been appropriate...

This thread is for anything related to JIM 83!!

This thread is about anything AF15 related so I posted some sale prices.....people who own a AF15 will be happy to see these record prices!!

Aren't you contradicting yourself by starting another JIM 83 thread?

If you think ANYTHING AF 15 related should be in the AF 15 thread - shouldn't that logic apply to all the other threads ? (shrug) Why would you start another JIM 83 thread? doh!

If only there was a club thread devoted to this book where this topic could have been appropriate...

This thread is for anything related to JIM 83!!

This thread is about anything AF15 related so I posted some sale prices.....people who own a AF15 will be happy to see these record prices!!

Aren't you contradicting yourself by starting another JIM 83 thread?

If you think ANYTHING AF 15 related should be in the AF 15 thread - shouldn't that logic apply to all the other threads ? (shrug) Why would you start another JIM 83 thread? doh!

I could not find the other one so I started this one.