• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will NYX3 cool down at some point?

60 posts in this topic

Does anyone think the prices of NYX3 will cool down eventually for a bit of time before her appearance in the movie?

N0, because every time you post asking if it will go down, people are reminded they want/need the books.

What's a decent price (pounds sterling, preferably) for a copy at the moment? Buying as an investment.

You are buying for the wrong reasons, especially right now that the book has had 100% increase in prices over the last month. .

Thanks guys. I was hoping to pick up a cgc 9.6 if possible. I was seeing if it's better to bite the bullet and purchase one now or wait a few months and the book might cool down a little bit before reheating up when the movie nears.

Thanks guys. I was hoping to pick up a cgc 9.6 if possible. I was seeing if it's better to bite the bullet and purchase one now or wait a few months and the book might cool down a little bit before reheating up when the movie nears.

Click the link in my signature if serious.

Still stunned the 9.4 I bought 6 months ago for about $200 is now a $450 book. The print run on this book is much more favorable than NM 98, or BA 12. From what I have seen it was around 44k. I still think it is going to drop a bit, and remember the movie appearance is only a RUMOR from one source, nobody has confirmed it yet.

For the speculation crowd that new question is other X-23 books that may get hot. The Dell'Otto variant is already through the roof, and was before the movie rumor.

It's so ridiculous - I could maybe see it if the character got the nod to carry her own movie, but most of these side character inclusions are there and gone in a blink. Even if they're there as a helping hand to the main character over most of a film, how often does it go any further than that? I can't think of a single instance where a little known character has shown up in a modern movie and then taken the world by storm. The prices on these books spike up as if a bit part has some strong chance to lead to a movie franchise.

if you really want the book history suggests you wait until after the movie is released.

Movie? (shrug)

"speculation" is Wolverine 3...............

Right, but it was based off of bad speculation.

Hence my quotation marks. :D

It's so ridiculous - I could maybe see it if the character got the nod to carry her own movie, but most of these side character inclusions are there and gone in a blink. Even if they're there as a helping hand to the main character over most of a film, how often does it go any further than that? I can't think of a single instance where a little known character has shown up in a modern movie and then taken the world by storm. The prices on these books spike up as if a bit part has some strong chance to lead to a movie franchise.

They recent bump is nuts, but the book is a modern key regardless. The 9.8's around $500 from a few months ago seemed somewhat realistic and sustainable. I am not sure the current values are. The difference with X-23 is that the character was already well established and popular, much like Harley Quinn (like it or not), and that popularity had grown organically without any film buzz.

They recent bump is nuts, but the book is a modern key regardless. The 9.8's around $500 from a few months ago seemed somewhat realistic and sustainable. I am not sure the current values are. The difference with X-23 is that the character was already well established and popular, much like Harley Quinn (like it or not), and that popularity had grown organically without any film buzz.

I was always iffy on the 'modern key' status to begin with, so you can imagine what I think about the book's status now :tonofbricks:

I agree its a modern key no doubt and she's popular however this 9.8 500 bucks before speculation rumors to 1k sales are not organically grown over time. Its a temporary doubling in price from the rumor not gradual growth IMO.