• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! Thanks to All! Stuff from the Junk Pile! Funny Bizness!

47 posts in this topic

Hi Gang. Today I have about 25 books to list. Mostly funny stuff this time. Disney, a few Katy Keene, Walt Kelly, L.B. Cole, and other misc titles. Some cool stuff here.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $4.50 each for comics, very well packaged shipped First Class. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice. I will probably run this through tomorrow afternoon and get invoices out on Sunday night or Monday.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years.

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

This one really does not belong here so I will get it out of the way first...

BULLETMAN & BULLETGIRL

"And the Return of Mr. Murder" 1941 Dime Action Big Little Book. Fawcett Publications. 192 pages + covers. Shows covers from Bulletman, Whiz and Master comics inside covers. This is a rough but complete copy. It has numerous small tears, splits and creases. There is a small piece out of top of back cover. Has original paper spine and book is still well bound to covers. A rough copy but very hard to find!

WAS $40.00 for a rare beat reader NOW $35 for a beat reader!

bulletmanblb1_zpsc5bsw73g.jpg

bulletmanblb2_zps72lqa6jb.jpg[/url

Annother non Comic Book rarity...

MICKEY MOUSE "Stories" Book. 1934 Book 2 David McCay Company. Super early Mickey print example.

62 pages full illustated with "pie eyed" Mickey. Nice color cover! Book is worn but solid and complete. Has a 1/2" x 1" piece off top of back cover. Has numerous creases and tiny tears. Spine is complete and still attached but weak. Inside covers is much light penciling and first and last few pages have some light coloring. paper is nice and supple.

WAS $45.00 NOW $35.00

mickeybook1_zps6imxugwi.jpg[/url

mickeybook2_zpstj4aumh7.jpg[/url

SOLD!

How about a nice scarce Disney Give-a-way?

LADY & The TRAMP

1955 American Dairy Association Give-a-Way. 5-1/4” x 7-1/4”. 16 pages printed in full color on newsprint. Excellent copy with no tears or creases. Just the most minor of wear. Paper is yellowed but supple.

WAS $40.00 NOW $35.00

ladytramp1_zpsmvzxtsa3.jpg

ladytramp2_zpsij5vuhf0.jpg

A very cool, under rated title and especially this issue.

ABBOTT & COSTELLO #10

Aug 1950 St. John Pubs. Has Son of Sinbad story (different from the one shot). Good girl art too.

A nice, clean, tight complete copy. Has slight spine roll as produced. A few very tiny minor edge tears and a Top of spine small bend. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $55.00 NOW $50.00

abbottcostello1_zps502bklon.jpg

abbottcostello2_zpsnqkpvyhw.jpg

abbottcostello3_zpstm603yju.jpg

SOLD!

CHRISTMAS WITH MOTHER GOOSE Four Color #90

1945 Dell Publications. Walt Kelly art

A very nice, clean, flat, tight complete copy. Has a few tiny spine bends and super minor corner tip wear. No creases, tears or missing pieces. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.. A very nice copy of this classic.

$65.00

christmasmothergoose1_zpsrcvpbc8h.jpg

christmasmothergoose2_zpsjt8hthwf.jpg

THE FOX & THE CROW #1

Jan 1952 DC Publications. Hard to find DC first issue.

Front cover is a little dirty. Has a neat spine split from the bottom to the bottom staple.Has a 2” neat spine split at top of spine. Back cover has two pieces out of cover at top and bottom of spine. Lower left corner is abraded with a few small tears. Book and centerfold are still bound pretty well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. Has a bit of a musty smell.

WAS $50.00 for a lower grade toughie STILL $50. for a lower grade toughie!

foxcrow1a_zps4iau3l8g.jpg

foxcrow1b_zpspmvohoda.jpg

HA HA #46

Oct 1947 Creston Pubs. Absoutely Classic funny animal in Hell cover. Awsome colors and a great gag. I just LOVE this book!

A decent presenting, complete copy with great color. Cover shows some average wear. No major tears or creases. Back cover is a little dirty. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $40.00 NOW $35.00

haha46a_zpsvw2gwmxs.jpg

haha46b_zpsesxmlnvl.jpg

FELIX THE CAT Winter Annual #2

#2 1954 Toby Press. Nice fat 100 page squarebound issue full of Classic Pat Sullivan art.

A nice, complete copy. Has neat magic tape down length of spine. A couple of small corner folds. Some minor writing in upper right corner. Back cover has some old tape stains on spine but tape is gone. Spine is square and tight with full paper. Book lies flat. Interior paper is off white and supple with no tears or creases. Hard to find issue.

WAS $35.00 NOW $25.00

felixannual1_zpsamsytwxz.jpg

felixannual2_zpsxldhdj4r.jpg

OUR GANG #14

Nov-Dec 1944 Dell Publications. Walt Kelly and Benny Burro by Carl Barks.

A very nice, flat, tight, complete copy. Has nice tight, smooth spine. Has just a few tiny spine and edge nicks. Very minor wear. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $65.00 NOW $50.00

ourgang1_zpsadsugtge.jpg

ourgang2_zpsgag6dcoy.jpg

PEANUTS Four Color #1015

Aug-Oct 1959 Dell Publications. Early full issue of Peanuts.

A very nice, clean, tight, complete copy. Nice bright color. Spine is tight and smooth. Has a very tiny chip out of top right corner of cover. A few small spine ticks. No tears , creases or missing pieces. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $40.00 NOW $30.00

peanuts1_zpsawgngyb8.jpg

peanuts2_zpskc3dqghk.jpg

A very nice, clean, flat, tight complete copy. Has a few tiny spine bends and super minor corner tip wear. No creases, tears or missing pieces. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.. A very nice copy of this classic.

$65.00

:takeit:

PORKY PIG Four Color #78

1945 Dell Publications. Third Porky Pig Comic Book. Great story that includes Bugs Bunny.

A nice, clean, flat, tight complete copy. Has Some minor spine nicks and a couple tiny color scrapes at top of book. Has a very light “subscription” crease in center. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $45.00 NOW $35.00

porkypig1_zpsgzmcpawd.jpg

porkypig2_zpswm2wwwrg.jpg

$65.00

:takeit:

SOLD to Norrin's, thanks Greg!

SOLD!

RAGGEDY ANN & ANDY #4

Sept. 1946 Dell Publications. Walt Kelly art on this book with a cool cover.

A nice, clean, flat, tight complete copy. Has a neat 5” lower right corner crease that does not break color. Some very light, minor staining on back cover. Light general wear. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

$40.00

raggedyann1_zpsik0o3opp.jpg

raggedyann2_zpsaynzk3b7.jpg