• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

21 posts in this topic

I know this is typically more of a movie forum than a video game forum, but if anyone out there has a PS4, and even a slight affection for adventure/plot driven games, go get this. Today.

It's quite possibly the best game I've ever played. The graphics are incredible, the gameplay is polished to a high gloss, and the story and voice acting are complete perfection. All the Uncharted games are wonderful, but they really reset the bar with this release.

I’m a huge fan of Uncharted and Tomb Raider.

Both current gen must-haves, when I eventually get a PS4.

I know this is typically more of a movie forum than a video game forum, but if anyone out there has a PS4, and even a slight affection for adventure/plot driven games, go get this. Today.

It's quite possibly the best game I've ever played. The graphics are incredible, the gameplay is polished to a high gloss, and the story and voice acting are complete perfection. All the Uncharted games are wonderful, but they really reset the bar with this release.

I 100% agree. This game is incredible!

I really enjoyed Tomb Raider the newest version...played it on the PC...are the graphics as good as that one.

I didn't play the recent Tomb Raider on a PC, but comparing Uncharterd 4 to the Tomb Raider PS4 Definitive Edition I feel Uncharted 4's graphics are slightly better. Those are two of my favorite games but if I had to pick one as a favorite I'd pick Uncharted 4, it's been an absolute blast so far.

I've been close to the end of the game for a couple days now, and I can't bring myself to finish it. I don't want it to be over! :cry:

I was feeling the same way, so mid game I decided to stop playing and pick this up. I'm now about half way through #1 and plan to play through all 4 in sequence. It's been such a long time that it feels new but with nostalgia galore.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-playstation-4/9197137.p?id=1219700671595&skuId=9197137

I've been close to the end of the game for a couple days now, and I can't bring myself to finish it. I don't want it to be over! :cry:

I was feeling the same way, so mid game I decided to stop playing and pick this up. I'm now about half way through #1 and plan to play through all 4 in sequence. It's been such a long time that it feels new but with nostalgia galore.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-playstation-4/9197137.p?id=1219700671595&skuId=9197137

I played them before I ran through 4, just to catch up with the controls/stories. I'm playing Dark Souls 3 again until I can make myself finish Uncharted 4. :lol:

I finished Uncharted 1 to 3 on the ‘Crushing’ / hardest difficulty level.

They didn’t seem too bad at all, apart from a couple of annoying sections at most in each game.

I played them before I ran through 4, just to catch up with the controls/stories. I'm playing Dark Souls 3 again until I can make myself finish Uncharted 4. :lol:

Nice! I'm on my second play through on DS3 as well. That may be my favorite of all time.

I’ve just started Darksiders, which, combat-wise, is an extremely forgiving, kid’s version of Dark Souls’ hack-and-slash, with very generous waypoints, no loss of souls when you die, but which soon develops into an interesting puzzle game. Joe Madureira did a lot of the design work.

I’ve just started Darksiders, which, combat-wise, is an extremely forgiving, kid’s version of Dark Souls’ hack-and-slash, with very generous waypoints, no loss of souls when you die, but which soon develops into an interesting puzzle game. Joe Madureira did a lot of the design work.

Yeah, I played those as well. Fun games. Have you played Dark Souls yet? I imagine those would be your type of game if you are playing Uncharted on the Crushing difficulty setting. Bloodborne as well if you have a PS4. I finished Bloodborne and started a new game plus. I bought the DLC and was excited as hell to play it but I can't even get half way through it because the second boss is so difficult it makes me want to pull my hair out. I've never been stuck like this on a boss battle and I've played and finished Demon Souls on PS3, DS 1-3 and the base Bloodborne game.

Yeah, I played those as well. Fun games. Have you played Dark Souls yet? I imagine those would be your type of game if you are playing Uncharted on the Crushing difficulty setting. Bloodborne as well if you have a PS4. I finished Bloodborne and started a new game plus. I bought the DLC and was excited as hell to play it but I can't even get half way through it because the second boss is so difficult it makes me want to pull my hair out. I've never been stuck like this on a boss battle and I've played and finished Demon Souls on PS3, DS 1-3 and the base Bloodborne game.

As you’d know, I didn’t start out playing PS3 Uncharted on the hardest difficulty level ; Normal first to get used to the controls and gameplay, then Hard, unlocking Crushing mode, cranking up the difficulty in replays, finding different strategies to make my way through. Basically, increasingly cautious and attritional rather than head-on. With Dark Souls there isn’t this gradual adjustment, I believe, just hard-as-nails from the off? That said, it’s basically the same trial-and-error process I went through with Uncharted, amped up, and so maybe I should give one of these games a try? hm

As you’d know, I didn’t start out playing PS3 Uncharted on the hardest difficulty level ; Normal first to get used to the controls and gameplay, then Hard, unlocking Crushing mode, cranking up the difficulty in replays, finding different strategies to make my way through. Basically, increasingly cautious and attritional rather than head-on. With Dark Souls there isn’t this gradual adjustment, I believe, just hard-as-nails from the off? That said, it’s basically the same trial-and-error process I went through with Uncharted, amped up, and so maybe I should give one of these games a try? hm

Dark Souls is actually a lot different in a lot of ways. There's no linear gameplay like there would be in Uncharted. It has an RPG element to it where you are leveling up. You are dropped into a world with no instruction. You talk with NPCs and discover items to learn the story (more like mythos) of the game.

In all honesty, it starts off very difficult and for me, gets easier as you progress through the game and "level up" your characters stats. You start off weak and unimposing and can become something to be reckoned with. Weak weapons, weak armor weak overall. If you venture off into an area too early in the game with tough enemies, you will get absolutely wrecked. You can and will likely do this. You will likely die a lot but you will never feel like you were cheated. All of the deaths are your fault and it feels that way. It's relatively slow moving though. You can feel the weight of the weapon and the combat is very strategic. I think it makes the fact that you are dying so often more manageable because you learn something from it and when you finally win, it feels very rewarding.

Anyone that likes games should try Dark Souls IMO. It is one of my favorite games of all time.

Dark Souls is actually a lot different in a lot of ways. There's no linear gameplay like there would be in Uncharted. It has an RPG element to it where you are leveling up. You are dropped into a world with no instruction. You talk with NPCs and discover items to learn the story (more like mythos) of the game.

In all honesty, it starts off very difficult and for me, gets easier as you progress through the game and "level up" your characters stats. You start off weak and unimposing and can become something to be reckoned with. Weak weapons, weak armor weak overall. If you venture off into an area too early in the game with tough enemies, you will get absolutely wrecked. You can and will likely do this. You will likely die a lot but you will never feel like you were cheated. All of the deaths are your fault and it feels that way. It's relatively slow moving though. You can feel the weight of the weapon and the combat is very strategic. I think it makes the fact that you are dying so often more manageable because you learn something from it and when you finally win, it feels very rewarding.

Anyone that likes games should try Dark Souls IMO. It is one of my favorite games of all time.

I can echo this. The learning curve on the Souls games is astronomically high. Especially for virgin players. Your first day on the job (it really feels like a job at first) you will want to strangle anything that breathes. It gets easier along the way, but only because you're getting better.

I found the boss fights in Bloodborne to be much more difficult than the journey to the bosses, but the journey to the bosses in the Souls games gave me more fits than the bosses did.

Also, it seems like different people struggle with different bosses. Some of my friends will die dozens of times to bosses I've never had trouble with, and vice versa.

I'll say this: if you beat any of the Dark Souls/Bloodborne series, you have done something not everyone can do.

I can echo this. The learning curve on the Souls games is astronomically high. Especially for virgin players. Your first day on the job (it really feels like a job at first) you will want to strangle anything that breathes. It gets easier along the way, but only because you're getting better.

I found the boss fights in Bloodborne to be much more difficult than the journey to the bosses, but the journey to the bosses in the Souls games gave me more fits than the bosses did.

Also, it seems like different people struggle with different bosses. Some of my friends will die dozens of times to bosses I've never had trouble with, and vice versa.

I'll say this: if you beat any of the Dark Souls/Bloodborne series, you have done something not everyone can do.

lets not forget to add the grandaddy of those games Demon Souls.