• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this ASM 134

34 posts in this topic

Stunning BC w/ slight miscut LEBC; 8 small defects to FC; attractive book overall:

8.5 sumo.gif

You grade this an 8.5, yet went to Bat for the X-men 74 foreheadslap.gif

Beyonder its a 9.2 sumo.gif because of the LLC

This book has more defects than the X-Men #74 plus it has some color fading issues at the top. (And who the f' cares about X-Men #74 - reworked cover on an incomplete reprint) blush.gif

And, since when is an 8.5 a bad grade?

I'm not seeing the color fading at the top David, you'll have to make like Scott and get out the Red marker to show me where 27_laughing.gif

Those X-Men reprints are tough man, I'm down to needing 4 or them in HG and I've been looking for almost 2 years. Well not looking too hard though grin.gif ya they are reprints and suck, we agree, I'm off to bed lol

MAYBE a 9.2, certainly not a 9.4. and certainly not an 8.5 for that matter. IMO

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-color fading at "AMAZING" and above logo;

-VL wear at ULFC;

-spine crease below price block;

-spine stress dead center;

-light scuffing near top staple;

-blunted LRFC;

-color fleck at Spidey's left hand;

-scratch at Spidey's right hand;

-color fleck at left bottom edge FC

grin.gif

Not to mention ON AN EXTREMELY COMMON BOOK

you either have better eyes or a better monitor than I do. I didn't notice a few of those defects, such as the scratch by Spidey's hand... so maybe this is more appropriately in the 8.5/9.0 range than 9.0/9.2 range.

how about we call it 8.5 from a buyer's perspective, 9.0 from a seller's perspective? confused-smiley-013.gif

but I wouldn't feel cheated if the seller graded it as a 9.0.

and I agree it's a common book, but that doesn't affect the grade. I sold all of my bronze-age books, including this one, a while back on eBay...

looks like a 9.0 to me. i think the scratch by Spidey's left hand is a scanner artifact.

and any book is going to look spotty at 72dpi, regardless of the scan quality