• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2018 at 6:14 PM, OrangeCrush said:

No, i'm really not. The point was made a LONG ways back. I don't need different members to keep coming in and stating what has already been stated. The fact that was your first post is irrelevant. Again, the point was made, end of story. Just dragging this out is nothing short of argumentative. And I get it, there are members on boards like this that thrive on that sh*t. I am just not one of them. So for the 5th time now, I get it. Time to put it to bed. 

Settle down, Beavis

Edited by FlyingDonut

50 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

I have a huge soft spot for the Iron Giant.  So here's a question:

The comic on the right (first comic appearance of Iron Giant, pre-dates the movie) is not difficult to find.  But, has anyone ever seen the comic on the left?

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.51771fdbc933880abf3b948fc7b48f03.jpg

Yes - it's right there in your picture.

:jokealert:

On 1/27/2018 at 3:08 PM, OrangeCrush said:

Forgive me father for I have sinned. I mistakenly assumed it was ok to post 1:15 variants in a thread dedicated to regular comics. Happy now? Can we put it to bed yet?

DQE by Friday . . . :grin:

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

This is not true. 

Yes it is true and instead of going through the hassle of writing it out, you can just go here and read this post. He does a good job at summing it all up. When dealing with ratio comics, the total number made is ABSOLUTELY dependent on the total number of copies produced. They do not just pick a number like 500 and then arbitrarily call it a 1:10 or 1:50 ratio. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/395630-understanding-print-run-calculations-for-ratio-variants/

The big mistake most people make is taking the ratio and multiplying by the total run. So if a comic run had 50,000 copies, a 1:10 variant should have 5,000 copies. This is wrong and is just not an accurate way of calculating variants. Since the variant helps make up the total run, you have to take that into account and hence do the math a bit differently, but its still dependent on the total print run. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

4 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Yes it is true and instead of going through the hassle of writing it out, you can just go here and read this post. He does a good job at summing it all up. When dealing with ratio comics, the total number made is ABSOLUTELY dependent on the total number of copies produced. They do not just pick a number like 500 and then arbitrarily call it a 1:10 or 1:50 ratio. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/395630-understanding-print-run-calculations-for-ratio-variants/

The big mistake people make is taking the ration and multiplying by the total run. So if a comic run had 50,000 copies, a 1:10 variant would have 5,000 copies. This is not true. Since the variant helps make up the total run, you have to do the math a bit differently, but its still dependent on the total print run. 

Uh-oh, here it comes now . . . :whatthe: