• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should it be slabbed?

7 posts in this topic

I'm noticing in the census there's some Batman and Superman comics from the 50's and 60's that haven't been slabbed yet. Do you think it would be worth slabbing an issue if I think it may be around a CGC 4.5? Do you think I could get a premium for the issue if it is the only CGC grade copy?

Doubtful at those kind of grades, although I could be wrong. Doesn't seem like people will pay GA-like premiums for low grade copies of Atomic Age or early SA books, even though in many cases they may very well be just as hard to find.

If you slab them, I think you'll pretty much guarantee a high percentage of guide for them if you sell them. But, I don't think you'd necessarily see a premium.

I agree, and I would only slab it to sell it. sumo.gif

If you slab them, I think you'll pretty much guarantee a high percentage of guide for them if you sell them. But, I don't think you'd necessarily see a premium.

Yup, good point.

If the book isn't worth $100 at least forget it.

Exp for a $100 book:

If you sold it raw you probably could get half book ($50) at least, if it's graded acurately.

Slabbing it would be $25 (plus many moons waiting for eco turnaround).

If you sold it for full book slabbed ($100) you are a mere $25 ahead.

For books under $100 it isn't worth it at all.