• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romita fake?

12 posts in this topic

I really wanted to bid on this, but just couldn't get over thinking it might not be legit. I'd say it looks kind of legit, with a side of not really. I looked at the seller's feedback, and he has sold others... Curious on opinions that know Romita a little better. (ex that left hand really bugs me, and the sig also seems off)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222112678850?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&autorefresh=true

That's a trace of a classic Romita drawing

Always google image the artist/character - 99% of the time the original is on the first page of google images.

actually HERE is the TRUE original art for the TREASURY...which was FIRST created and drawn in 1976 as the HEADER CARD ART for newspaper machines promoting the AMAZING SPIDERMAN NEWSPAPER STRIP which was starting on January 3rd, 1977. :)

162406.jpg.0de59a9728c14598c72e60ca78ef54c1.jpg