• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping to Spain

8 posts in this topic

If it's under 2 lbs and standard size, you can do USPS Priority Mail for about $50 or USPS Priority Express for about $75, if shipping from the USA and it gets you tracking and a certain level of accountability and speed (that's the main culprit, patience, which gets transactions muddied unnecessarily at times).

Someone mentioned buyer preferences, but as a seller, you can have your own preferences if not mandates, because it's your job to deliver the merchandise in perfect condition, and if that means packaging an 8 oz piece of paper into a 3 lb oversized box and shipping with delivery confirmation to ensure there's no damages nor mail fraud which you ultimately will assume liability and exposure for, so be it. Don't compromise your level of comfort to appease a buyer if you feel there's any red flags for potential problems.

If it's under 2 lbs and standard size, you can do USPS Priority Mail for about $50 or USPS Priority Express for about $75, if shipping from the USA and it gets you tracking and a certain level of accountability and speed (that's the main culprit, patience, which gets transactions muddied unnecessarily at times).

Someone mentioned buyer preferences, but as a seller, you can have your own preferences if not mandates, because it's your job to deliver the merchandise in perfect condition, and if that means packaging an 8 oz piece of paper into a 3 lb oversized box and shipping with delivery confirmation to ensure there's no damages nor mail fraud which you ultimately will assume liability and exposure for, so be it. Don't compromise your level of comfort to appease a buyer if you feel there's any red flags for potential problems.

I agree, the only reason I brought that up is they may have more experience with receiving packages from the us, and know which ones work best for them. I just sent a piece to Europe priority and it only gives a vague amount of tracking info, they also don't insure, which left my a little uneasy but ultimately it arrived there where it is currently stuck at customs (it's supposed to be released tomorrow). I've only sent a few others, and I sent them the same way and never had any problems.

I've received a few pieces from the US, delivered in France or Italy with USPS (express delivery, with tracking), and didn't have problems.

I also received a page with Fedex without problems (they usually are more expensive, though).

One thing you should NEVER EVER do, is sending an international package without tracking, even if the buyer asks for it to reduce costs.

When international packages without tracking have been sent to me (not art and cheap stuff, fortunately), I'd say they disappeared forever during travel about half of the time.

Like others have said the #1 thing to make sure you do is put tracking. I have family in Portugal and I sent a few things there before without tracking and they never show up. As soon as I add tracking they seem to make the journey across no problem :/

I also just sent something to Spain last week through Canada Post (simliar to USPS) and used Tracking and it showed up no problem.

If you ship USPS or Canada Post to Spain it will end up being transferred to Correos to complete the shipment. http://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/site/pagina-inicio/info