• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Failed board transaction.

157 posts in this topic

As a Canadian, there are 2 additional things that most of us keeps an eye on. The exchange rate and cross boarder duty. I try to convert funds at optimal times/rates knowing that PayPal tends to be quite high and I often ask if the seller is able to indicate a low value to help with customs. Seller will reply yay or nay, at which point, I may or may not continue with the purchase.

I recently contacted a board seller and negotiated some terms. I asked if he could include the shipping in the asking price and if he could help mark down the book. We went back and forth a bit but in the end he AGREED, so I sent payment.

Soon after, he refunded the payment saying that he couldn't go through with the transaction because his wife was upset about doing something dishonest. Yes... the wife excuse again. He also said that he would proceed if he could indicate the full value of the book. So I thought about it and since I was partly invested in this deal I said okay, let's proceed. But now he has reneged on the deal again saying that his wife is all stress out about it.

He keeps saying he'll pay me the PayPal exchange rate that I incurred if the Board moderators think he should, but I'll eventually use the US funds so I'm not actually asking for any compensation. I just want him to follow through with the deal.

I've had people on eBay renege on deals before but never on the boards. Is this a common thing here? Am I over reacting by even posting this? I'm not out to "get" any one and I'm happy to leave things as they are but I just find it very annoying.

As a Canadian, there are 2 additional things that most of us keeps an eye on. The exchange rate and cross boarder duty. I try to convert funds at optimal times/rates knowing that PayPal tends to be quite high and I often ask if the seller is able to indicate a low value to help with customs. Seller will reply yay or nay, at which point, I may or may not continue with the purchase.

I recently contacted a board seller and negotiated some terms. I asked if he could include the shipping in the asking price and if he could help mark down the book. We went back and forth a bit but in the end he AGREED, so I sent payment.

Soon after, he refunded the payment saying that he couldn't go through with the transaction because his wife was upset about doing something dishonest. Yes... the wife excuse again. He also said that he would proceed if he could indicate the full value of the book. So I thought about it and since I was partly invested in this deal I said okay, let's proceed. But now he has reneged on the deal again saying that his wife is all stress out about it.

He keeps saying he'll pay me the PayPal exchange rate that I incurred if the Board moderators think he should, but I'll eventually use the US funds so I'm not actually asking for any compensation. I just want him to follow through with the deal.

I've had people on eBay renege on deals before but never on the boards. Is this a common thing here? Am I over reacting by even posting this? I'm not out to "get" any one and I'm happy to leave things as they are but I just find it very annoying.

Was it the X-Men 1?

Thank god that I still wear the pants...that I'm still king of the castle...that I still have a modicum of manhood...that my wife isn't a controlling :censored: and I never have to flex control in the first place.

I'd be humiliated to send that as an excuse for backing out of a deal.

You had me at falsifying official documents.

I get it but this isn't the issue. I was up front about my request and in the end, I was willing to proceed legitimately.

Was it the X-Men 1?

14dn82.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Was it the X-Men 1?

14dn82.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

:popcorn:

So you ask a stranger to lie on an official document...