• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help needed to identify these back covers

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I need the experts to chime in. Can anyone identify the books that belong to these back covers? I'm doing this for a friend and he provided this note: "The top of the first pic shows the back and front of all of the Red Ryder covers that I have. The encyclopedia is on the back of the Torpedo cover." Thanks!

back%20covers1_zpst3ygnaoq.jpg

back%20covers2_zpsctbrixoj.jpg

back%20covers3_zpsw6i5ykku.jpg

I researched some. They appear to be all from the July/Aug/Sept 1941 period. Green Hornet 6, Catman 3, and Captain Fearless 1 have the same ad as the pink text "Three Great Action Picture Magazines" ad (not sure about interior back cover though). The "Bike Tires Built Like Planes" and "Take a Trip Torpedo" ads are from August and September 1941 DC books like Action 39, Action 40, Detective Comics 54, Detective Comics 55, More Fun 70, More Fun 71, Adventure 65, Adventure 66. Can't pinpoint the Red Ryder ad yet.

Hi guys, I need the experts to chime in. Can anyone identify the books that belong to these back covers? I'm doing this for a friend and he provided this note: "The top of the first pic shows the back and front of all of the Red Ryder covers that I have. The encyclopedia is on the back of the Torpedo cover." Thanks!

back%20covers2_zpsctbrixoj.jpg

Action 39 with the telescope and US Rubber on the other side