• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Poptart comics and Identifying 1st print/ second print
1 1

39 posts in this topic

I have a few issues of Cherry/Cherry Poptart.

Issue No. 1 is shown below. Issue no. 2 is also titled Cherry Poptart and has a date of October 1993, No. 1 is dated May of 1993. I believe that the first two issues I have are fifth printings(?), maybe I am reading this wrong.

My issues from 3 and up are just called Cherry. Issue no. 3 says Cherry (nee poptart) #3 in the indicia and only Cherry on the cover.

No. 1 Front Cover (the center white line is from my scanner that I need to replace)

Cherry%20Poptart%2001%20Cover_zpspvcdsfjn.jpg

No. 1 Back cover

Cherry%20Poptart%2001%20back%20cover%20-%20edited_zpsctbmr65d.jpg

No. 1 Indicia

Cherry%20Poptart%2001%20Indicia_zps7m2ounot.jpg

Your best bet is picking up the Fogels supplement - it has all the identifying characteristics for the various Cherry printings.

In short, though, here are some of the ways you can identify the first couple of issues:

#1 - 1st print has $2.00 cover price.

#1 - 2nd through 6th prints have $2.50 cover price.

#2 - 1st print has $2.00 cover price.

#2 - 2nd print has $2.50 cover price, with a line under the cents and a period between $2 and 50.

#2 - 3rd print has $2.50 cover price, with a line under the cents, but no period.

#2 - 4th print has $2.50 cover price, with proportional numbers and no line.

#2 - 5th print has $2.95 cover price.

#3 - 1st through 5th print has $2.50 cover price, some of them will say the printing in the indicia.

#4 - 1st through 4th print has $2.50 cover price, some of them will say the printing in the indicia.

#5 - 1st through 4th print has $2.50 cover price, some of them will say the printing in the indicia.

#6 - 1st through 3rd print has $2.50 cover price, 2nd & 3rd print is listed in the indicia.

#7 - 1st and 2nd print has $2.50 cover price, 2nd print is listed in the indicia.

#8 - 1st and 2nd print has $2.50 cover price, 2nd print is listed in the indicia.

#9, #10 - 1st prints have $2.50 cover price.

#11 - 1st prints have $3.50 cover price and no 3D glasses.

An easy way to spot later printings of issue #1 and #2 is to look at the title - if it's "Cherry" and not "Cherry Poptart", it's a newer reprint. Starting with issue #3 the book was renamed to "Cherry" because of copyright issues.

So....4th print?

epO4zgw.jpg?2

And 3rd?

D47F1sy.jpg?1

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

Not to beat a dead horse but I'm not able to check the interior of my copy of #1.

Is the $2.00 the only indicator of a first print or is it the $2.00 cover plus the Vampironica story?

The price is sufficient - there are no later printings of #1 with a $2.00 cover price.

Not to beat a dead horse but I'm not able to check the interior of my copy of #1.

Is the $2.00 the only indicator of a first print or is it the $2.00 cover plus the Vampironica story?

The price is sufficient - there are no later printings of #1 with a $2.00 cover price.

:thumbsup:

Thanks. Looks like that was a good deal, then.

Any premium for a Welz auto? :insane:

Only if it is witnessed :ohnoez:

Only if it is witnessed :ohnoez:

I watched him draw it and sign it, so did his wife. Double witnessed.

cherry-Larry-Welz.jpg

Anyone have any idea if this was an insert or just a mass produced sketch (or both)?

I acquired a collection that had a few sketches in it and I really have no clue about them. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Cherry%20Poptart%20sketch_zpsuqfpw7dj.jp

hm   wow... apparently you failed to understand the whole conversation OR you don't know anything about FAUST by Tim Vigil, which i suppose if you were into... you certainly could... at any rate WTB !

2 hours ago, ashsaytr said:

hm   wow... apparently you failed to understand the whole conversation OR you don't know anything about FAUST by Tim Vigil, which i suppose if you were into... you certainly could... at any rate WTB !

I thought this thread was about Cherry Poptart......

23 hours ago, Like This said:

I thought this thread was about Cherry Poptart......

22 hours ago, ashsaytr said:

it was about the selling of it on ebay and how it got moved to the adult section... i just mentioned faust was still in the general section... and faust is bad... 

Gotcha. I didn't know who you were criticizing or why.