• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #5 first appearance of dr doom

15 posts in this topic

Hate to burst your bubble but that is not 10k. The pics show tape and/or tape residue. Wouldn't surprise me if there are other restoration related components to that book. Hard to tell without better pics.

We call that a beater copy. Meaning well read and loved. Significant cover wear and spine damage. I'd pin the value at maybe 200-400 tops depending on what else is going on with the book.

Grade wise looks maybe a 1.5 out of 10.

Sorry bud.

Go to www.comics.org then search Fantastic Four 5. Click on Fantastic Four #5 US version. It will tell you how many pages so you count the pages. Makes sure there is no missing piece, cutout or anything. All pages must be accounted for so it should be completed. Also makes sure the cover is nearly 100%.

If so, it will be at least 1.0 (out of 10 grade scale).

Thanks for the help guys. My buddy paid 100 for this comic and has a online company telling him to have it graded and he can get 10,000 to 65,000 depending on the grade. I tried to tell him it's a scam. This just verify it. I hope he will listen to me now.

Thanks for the help guys. My buddy paid 100 for this comic and has a online company telling him to have it graded and he can get 10,000 to 65,000 depending on the grade. I tried to tell him it's a scam. This just verify it. I hope he will listen to me now.

This makes me sad. :facepalm:

On another note who is the online company telling him this drivel?

This makes me sad. :facepalm:

On another note who is the online company telling him this drivel?

My guess is that the "online company" was giving advice for a copy in much higher grade than the one shown above.