• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WWII Era Stuff...

8 posts in this topic

If this goes too far afield from comics, I'm happy to take this thread down. You may have seen some of my other recent sales threads. We are moving from GA to OH. I have a small publishing biz and I'd rather move fewer boxes of books. So far, my sales threads have been successful and I thank all of my buyers. This thread will be a bit mixed. First up will be three more books I have published. These all deal with WWII, but are not comics. Although, two of them do have pictures and line drawings ;) I've had more than a few conversations with board members about WWII. Plus, I sold a bunch of Canteen Kate and Golden Age Airboy on forum dedicated to WWII history. Gotta love the cross over appeal of books. Shipping is included on the first three books. Shipping will be added on the magazines and pulps. Payment by Paypal, check/MO. Returns in 7 days.

I have multiple copies of the books we've published:

UHsloy.jpg

Shots Fired in Anger HC - originally published in the late 1940s, it is an unvarnished account of the Battle of Guadalcanal. MSRP $28.99 - $10 shipped

Hatcher's Book of the Garand HC - originally published in the late 1940s. This is our best selling book and tells of the development and adoption of the M1 Garand, our main battle rifle of WWII. MSRP $24.99 - $15 shipped

Unlikely Warrior SC - Recently released. A WWII memoir. Robert Lovell is still with us and is a retired judge from OK. This is a very matter-of-fact written memoir, as if you were hearing it from your grandfather. MSRP $29.99 - $18 shipped

R8Nre3.jpg

WWII dated Life Magazines. I have a bunch more if there is any interest. These are $5 each plus shipping. These have great period content and often have something related to comic books or pop culture. This one has an article on Chester Gould:

4vpvFE.jpg

The same issue has a B&W pin-up ad by Petty. Advertisements were different back then...

YMCxCk.jpg

Everyday Astrology This is the closest we get to comics. These are dated 1942-1946 and have great Schomburg covers as well as b&w Schomburg art throughout (mostly line drawings). I'll probably regret selling these, because where else can you find 1940s Schomburg covers for $15 each? (plus shipping)

fvyXaC.jpg

Uranus points too victory hehe...sorry I seem to b five yrs old

Myanus is always victorious! :sumo: