• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,399 posts in this topic

At least it's a Trigger. :thumbsup:

In general I find that the quality of the Horse books goes as follows: Silver >>>> Trigger >>>>> Champion. Still do not have a copy of Fury (the Straight Arrow horse), not to be confused with the Fury series in Four Color. Am I missing any horse series here?

Yup, one day I'll pick up that great issue of Fury.

And, yes, Mr. Ed had several issues, as did National Velvet (?) and Gypsy and one could also consider Rusty Riley but the above are the ones with the focus on the horses themselves.

Back to our faithful gal Lassie; # 13, 14 and 15. Don't be fooled by the covers, all these adventures take place in the deep of Amazonian forest where Rocky and Gerry are pioneering and expanding their ranch.

122342.jpg.c6b56175dc76799790861fd7016d35d4.jpg

122343.jpg.cb34227a8c67ca8a61978a2d3d7ac17c.jpg

122344.jpg.291a44c0ace5b3eb45e4576589d406eb.jpg

Yes! # 1 through # 31. I quit the title once Peterkin Pottle starts showing up on the covers. I'll post a group shot eventually.

Congratulations! All the Four Color Raggedy Ann books too? #39 where they return to the cover? The Dell Giant? (That one is pretty easy.)

But poor Peterkin! It's a surprisingly good series by John Stanley.

Raggedy35.jpg

Raggedy36.jpg

Raggedy32-1.jpg

Jack

Edited by selegue

That last cover looks to be by Howie Post.

Never even heard of Peterkin Pottle, but personally, I'd be more interested in a John Stanley strip than Raggedy Ann & Andy.

I don't know that I've ever seen a Dell book where a backup character took over the covers in another character's book.

As far as I know, Peterkin Pottle was all John Stanley, but I'm not the best artist-spotter. Was Post at Dell in 1949?

The series is worth finding. I don't think it's ever been reprinted.

JPS

Never even heard of Peterkin Pottle, but personally, I'd be more interested in a John Stanley strip than Raggedy Ann & Andy.

I don't know that I've ever seen a Dell book where a backup character took over the covers in another character's book.

That issue (32) isn't indexed in the GCD, but they do show Post as doing the Brownies strip in issues 35 & 36. So it looks like he was doing some work at Dell at the time.

As far as I know, Peterkin Pottle was all John Stanley, but I'm not the best artist-spotter. Was Post at Dell in 1949?

The series is worth finding. I don't think it's ever been reprinted.

JPS

With this one I'm now past the half-way mark on the EC sci-fi run. I count 22 each Weird Science and Weird Fantasy, 7 Weird Science Fantasy and 4 Incredible Science Fiction for a total of 55. This is #28 for me.

WS_11.jpg