• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,396 posts in this topic

and here's a low grade copy of FC 164 I picked up at the same time. I'm now only missing one early FC Bugs from my Bugs want list.

Michael, can you post some scans of the Bugs story inside? I've been wanting to see if these Bark-esque Bugs FCs are worth collecting.

The ones I've seen are (do you mean worth reading, worth collecting or both?) -- and so are the early Walter Lantz ones like Woody Woodpecker in FC 288.

This is a cover worthy of of a nomination for the favorite cover gallery. Do you know who drew it?

Which FC Bugs are you missing?

Jack

Great! That's from Don Winslow 43? Any idea of the credits?

Could I talk you into a full-page scan?

Aren't you scared of lowering the grade by a few tenths, taking it out of the baggie and scanning it?

I am not afraid to scan much, only when the staples are screwed up and on the cover instead of the spine, I won't scan.

Anyway, that's more or less the full page. The bottom third was a Don Winslow Puzzle and I don't think you need that.

Great! That's from Don Winslow 43? Any idea of the credits?

Could I talk you into a full-page scan?

Aren't you scared of lowering the grade by a few tenths, taking it out of the baggie and scanning it?

I am not afraid to scan much, only when the staples are screwed up and on the cover instead of the spine, I won't scan.

I was kidding. I guess I need to use those horrid gremlins.

Anyway, that's more or less the full page. The bottom third was a Don Winslow Puzzle and I don't think you need that.

OK, thanks.

I suppose if a steel boat can float, so can a gold boat. Gold's so soft that you'd have to be mighty careful about putting your foot through the bottom or bumping into a rock!

Jack

Jack

My want list was 4 issues long. I have FCs 123, 142, 164 and I only miss FC 51 now.

Yowtch! Pricey and scarce. Good luck.

Jack

and here's a low grade copy of FC 164 I picked up at the same time. I'm now only missing one early FC Bugs from my Bugs want list.

Michael, can you post some scans of the Bugs story inside? I've been wanting to see if these Bark-esque Bugs FCs are worth collecting.

The ones I've seen are (do you mean worth reading, worth collecting or both?) -- and so are the early Walter Lantz ones like Woody Woodpecker in FC 288.

This is a cover worthy of of a nomination for the favorite cover gallery. Do you know who drew it?

Jack

John Stanley, known mainly for his work on Little Lulu, wrote many of these early Bugs Bunny FCs. I don't have the issue Scrooge posted ( frown.gif ) so I can't personally say if it is his work or not but there is a very good shot that it is. He also worked on many of the early FCs with Walter Lantz characters such as Woody Woodperck or Oswald the Rabbit. I personally think they are quite good. There are a little different in tone then a Barks adventure story. The Barks adventure usually flows together while a long Stanley story is often just a bunch of funny bits bizarrely connected with a lot of emphasis on character pieces.

My want list was 4 issues long. I have FCs 123, 142, 164 and I only miss FC 51 now.

Jack

893scratchchin-thumb.gif, I have an extra FC 51 with a missing centerfold...

Jack

Great. You can keep that one and I'll take the one with centerfold tongue.gif

Jack

Great. You can keep that one and I'll take the one with centerfold tongue.gif

foreheadslap.gif

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

Patience little Timmy. First, we've done since before and I scanned a page of the FC 132. You must have forgotten so here it is again.

1227251-FC132BugsBunnyPages.jpg

and from this one, here are 2 pages -

1227251-FC164-1.jpg

Radium - Paging Jack!!!!

1227251-FC164-2.jpg

1227251-FC164-2.jpg.c1e19242af4206425aee58de64f68c91.jpg

popcorn.gif

Patience little Timmy. First, we've done since before and I scanned a page of the FC 132. You must have forgotten so here it is again.

Thanks, I remember the page with the scene from Tibet, but not the others. They look pretty cool, actually. Can't you post the complete Tibet story, just like you did with all the stories involving evil mustache guys? poke2.gif

and from this one, here are 2 pages -

1227251-FC164-1.jpg

Radium - Paging Jack!!!!

1227251-FC164-2.jpg

Fantastic! Radium AND g-g-gold!

First use of an nuclear power plant. Must not be very well shielded, the way the animals walk and talk down there.

Thanks,

Jack

This might generate more interest than Don Winslow crazy.gif

1225275-CaveGirl12.jpg

Its companion piece came in today's mail - Cave Girl 11 - What's odd is that the seller used a CBM 72 as packing material confused-smiley-013.gif

1230084-CaveGirl11.jpg

1230084-CaveGirl11.jpg.4b643a22c1f3e0ffb727fcb51761c9bd.jpg

Here are the DC SF mainstays - Strange Adventures -

1239626-StrangeAdventures18s.jpg

That's one of my favorite Strange Adventure issues. Great cover and story with vampire aliens by Anderson and then a killer Toth story.

That's one of my favorite Strange Adventure issues. Great cover and story with vampire aliens by Anderson and then a killer Toth story.

Speaking of Toth, here's an ad from All-Star Western about a dog -

1245370-Rex2InHouseAds.jpg

1245370-Rex2s.jpg.bccf772bbb431992522d62ab25209aee.jpg