• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pheonix EndSong

25 posts in this topic

So whats the verdict on this series so far? Worth picking up or pass on it?

Worth picking up just for the art, but I'd suggest staying for the story as well. yay.gif

/first ever dancing banana

My thought's as well. thumbsup2.gifheadbang.gif

Agreed. The story is much better than expected.

pass on the "limited variants"

Always! thumbsup2.gif

pass on the "limited variants"

Always! thumbsup2.gif

I've been a big fan of variants in the recent past, but with all the variants for NA, Phoenix Endsong, X-23, Wolverine, etc., etc. coming out lately, there's no point in collecting them anymore. frown.gif

LOVE the art in this book though. X-Men at their finest. I'm hoping for a Land/Pak team up in Astonishing X-Men 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Variants are getting out of hand lately. Its no longer about limited editions but more abut how can we double our sales without doubling our costs. I'll still buy the odd copy but I'm not going to shell out too much unless its one of the main titles I collect.

Variants are getting out of hand lately. Its no longer about limited editions but more abut how can we double our sales without doubling our costs. I'll still buy the odd copy but I'm not going to shell out too much unless its one of the main titles I collect.

well said... thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I bought the Phoenix Endsong #1 variant for cover price. And have shelled out some good money for a few NA variants, but it gets too expensive and there are jsut too many out there. If each title I read came out with maybe 1 variant cover per year, then I'd be more willing.

By the way, why doesn't DC put out limited variant covers? When they do have variants, I think they are printed equally (i.e. Superman/Batman #10 and 13).

DC calls their 2nd prints, ........

wait for it....

2nd prints!!

Unlike Marvel, they put out 2nd prints and call them LTD Editions. screwy.gif

cause you know Marvel doesn't do reprints!!

893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

DC calls their 2nd prints, ........

wait for it....

2nd prints!!

Unlike Marvel, they put out 2nd prints and call them LTD Editions. screwy.gif

cause you know Marvel doesn't do reprints!!

893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

I meant variants, such as the 1 in 20 variants that come out at the same time as the regular covers. DC doesn't seem to ever do anything like that.

Just picked up the 5 issue series for a nice one-sitting read.

Good story. But I'm still not ready to accept Emma as a replacement for Jean Grey. And isn't Emma still lined up to betray the X-Men in Astonishing?

Good story. But I'm still not ready to accept Emma as a replacement for Jean Grey. And isn't Emma still lined up to betray the X-Men in Astonishing?

I'm willing to bet it'll be part of the House of M story. When Emma talks to herself in Astonishing X-Men, she's probably talking to Scarlet Witch, but not by her own will.

I'm willing to bet it'll be part of the House of M story. When Emma talks to herself in Astonishing X-Men, she's probably talking to Scarlet Witch, but not by her own will.

I kinda like Emma and I think she really works in the Astonishing X-Men. Lord knows she adds more drama then the umpteen time that Scott of Jean are breaking up/dying/having second thoughts/remembering the past... Emma and Scott's relationship is fresh plus she doesn't fit in with the others so that makes more tension!

Anyways, I just wanted to say that if Hobgoblin is right that that would indeed be an interesting twist. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I was a little disappointed that she was already evil but this at least gives her a reason. (I'd much rather her play the misunderstood reformed villian. So much more you can do with it!)

When Emma talks to herself in Astonishing X-Men, she's probably talking to ....

Just a wild stab in the dark. If anyone is reading New X-Men: Academy X, Emma introduces Wither to a "psychiatrist" (issue 10 & 11 - I haven't read 12 yet frown.gif ) that seems to be a bit more interested in the young mutants at the Academy than for health reasons. Maybe this guy will get tied into Astonishing in a non-lame way confused-smiley-013.gif

poke2.gif

only thing that happened in 10 & 11 was David/Prodigy seeing Emma & Dani about getting his mental block removed

7,8,9?

I stopped reading with #7. Liked the first arc I guess, but it just wasn't enough to warrant $3 from me every month. Kind of like Alpha Flight. 27_laughing.gif BTW, was Alpha Flight pulled? I guess I must have been the only one reading it, so when I quit, it went bust. 27_laughing.gif