• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap and the House of No/Stupid ideas

73 posts in this topic

When your regular and flagship title's storylines become more insane and outlandish than your what if stories, it's time to put down the pen and the hash and step away from the drawing board.

If this is going to be the standard storytelling going forward how much more bizarre can the actual what if stories be?

Future what if covers: WHAT IF....

...Thor was a man

...there was only one Peter Parker and only one Spider-Man ever existed at all...EVER

....Wolverine had lived

....Gwen was never cloned/stayed dead/never became a superhero

....Tony Stark was actually the biological son

....the Ultimate universe or any other universe never existed

Mind blown.

I might would read those (thumbs u

Free ideas for Marvel:

Aunt May is Modok's mother, head of AIM

Gwen Stacy was actually Green Goblin all this time, Hairy Osborne was in metal institute, hallucinating

Iron Man was working for Mandarin, liked his chicken

Hulk actually was turned into Bruce Banner by Gamma bomb

X Men were actually not mutants, rest of humanity was.

So Cap is a Hydra Agent now.

Are readers of modern comics genuinely clamoring for this sort of hackneyed, "everything you know is wrong" rubbish?

Or is it more a case of the publishers, mired in creative bankruptcy, counting on yet another temporary, publicity-driven spike in non-returnable pre-orders, which are paid for, up front, by their primary customers (the distributor and the retailers), thus rendering the question of whether the end-users (the readers!) actually want it or not completely irrelevant?

If it's the latter, then what we reward we get more of I guess...

(shrug)

I guarantee every single one of you... that Steve Rogers as Captain America will be back on the side of America by May 4th, 2018.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Deadpool will shoot Captain AmeriNazi & take over the mantle. That would actually be better. Or Bucky shoots him just to make it over. Without a stupid time traveling bullet.

These days, it seems everybody's an anti-hero.

Just like most American comedies use sarcasm as their main comedic tool.... :sick:

Really, I wasn't aware of that.

I guarantee every single one of you... that Steve Rogers as Captain America will be back on the side of America by May 4th, 2018.

Exactly. If he were really a Nazi/Hydra/Baddie, how does Marvel explain this:

dJTG2.jpg

Maybe we'll get lucky and Deadpool will shoot Captain AmeriNazi & take over the mantle. That would actually be better. Or Bucky shoots him just to make it over. Without a stupid time traveling bullet.

But Deadpool is also Hydra, so that's not going to happen.

Or is it ... ?