• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High: Buying Comics, Cash Paid!

25 posts in this topic

So I pick up a CBG for the first time in a couple months and start reading it. About half-way through, there is an ad from our old buddy Chuck (Mile High).

The ad is a list of books they want and the prices they are willing to pay in "NM" condition. I'm about to break out my books and sell them to Chuck!!!! Check out these "incredible" prices they are offering:

Hulk #181 - $425

GS Xmen #1 - $200

USM (White) - a whopping $100!!!

ASM (first series) # 50 - hold onto your hats.....$150

FF #112 - $35

Avengers #57 - $30

It goes on. I'm sure most of you have seen this, but I couldn't let it go by without a mention. Yeah, I'm probably one of the biggest "Chuck-bashers" on the boards, but come on. The best part of the whole ad is they state, "These quotes are for near mint condition". LMAO. laugh.gif

Do they mean Overstreet NM, or "Mile High" NM? If it is "Mile High" NM, then maybe the prices they are offering are fair. smirk.gif

Chris

He was paying $25 for Origin 1's until about a month ago

Nope, OG (you hopped-up rat tongue.gif ). It's right there! Origin #1 - $25. But, if you really want to make some cash, you could always sell your ASM #100 for $70.

Or enter the realm of super-seller and get an earth-shattering 2K for your NM copy of Journey Into Mystery #83. This is where the big boys play! I'm going to PM the "Blazing One". He could make a ton of dough selling his books to Chuck!

Chris

If they grade the books you sell to them like they grade the books they sell to their customers, then those are some killer prices!!! I'll sell my VG to Fine copies of those comics for those prices!!! tongue.gif

And actually, so could Hammer! Just think about it, man. You could save all that time an hassle selling on eBay. No more scanning every book, writing title descriptions, dealing w/ pesky buyers. grin.gif

Chris

oh yeah tom, im paying double what MH is paying, minus modern comics (sorry diesel)

Sheesh. This thread is beginning to sound like a "Best Prices Paid" advertisement straight out of OverStreet. We all know they (the dealers advertising in OS) pay the best prices, so take yer pick!! tongue.giflaugh.gif

Actually those prices offered by Chuck are not THAT bad compared to other dealers. A third of guide (at best) is usually what you would expect to get.

It would be real interesting to see how MH grade the books they buy compared to the books they sell.

I wonder if 'suddenly', the top graders are not so busy. shocked.gif

"Are u willing to pay Mile High + 10% on some of the mediocre Marvel titles also? His buy prices aren't that insultingly low on middle of the road avg. Marvel non-keys."

Well if you didn't understand, I was only kidding laugh.gif . What mediocre books are you referring to?? The only book I would consider [!@#%^&^] on that list is Deadpool. Unless you think Spidey, X-men, Hulk, Avengers, FF et al are [!@#%^&^]. If you don't think his buy prices are a joke, sell him some of your books mad.gif .

Actually those prices offered by Chuck are not THAT bad compared to other dealers. A third of guide (at best) is usually what you would expect to get.
Maybe in the past...but welcome to the Internet! Every day's a comic book convention, and anybody with a web browser and an E-Bay account has an infinite number of low-cost dealer tables at their disposal.

Actually those are very fair prices. Since NM really means fine or vg condition to Chuck, they are great prices. Perhaps if I had money laying around I would buy a FF 112 from him that he lists as NM and try to sell it back to him as NM. I wonder if he would grade it the same...........

Tomega

Chuck is OK if u wish to dump 20 pounds of back issues at a time on 1 dealer rather than do 50+ eBay ads & package/ship/label 50+ different parcels. Opportunity cost of doing the big dump on Chuck rather than eBay during a time of war & fickle/worried bidders. I used to sell lots of books direct to Chuck b/c I could not move that much volume locally after doing 10 yrs of comicons.