• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sending larger quantities for pre-grade

6 posts in this topic

I am sending in my first batch of comics for grading. Thank you to Boozad for the tutorial. The question I have is: what is the best way to send 100 or so comics for pre-grade?

I am told by CGC that there are no forms for pre-grade.... just list what grades you are requesting. As far as shipping, it took me an hour to package 12 comics in cardboard (4 -5 comics at a time) and bubble wrap. I fit 12 comics in a 16 x 10 x 8 box. Is there an easier way to ship larger quantities?

Cgc sent me a package of carbon forms which enables you to invoice 15 comics per order form. On these forms there is a pre screen check box. Each invoice has to be all the same pre screen like 9.6 or 9.8. I than get 90 books which is 6 invoice forms of 15. I bundle each order of 15 into a magazine bag or a Cgc bag and tape it closed. Than I can fit the 6 bundles into a recycled Cgc box or a box 16 x 12 x 12 packaged securely with cardboard and bubble wrap. I than ship it registered mail, in my opinion registered Mail does not get thrown and stacked like priority mail can, less chance of damage. Shipping registered you pay priority rate shipping ad registered for $11.70.

I do not use the online Cgc forms.

Thank you topnotchman for the tips. I did get several of the 16 x 12 x 12 boxes which seem to be the right size. Also, I was only using the online forms which did not have a pre-grade option. The printable ones do. Thanks again!