• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOLDEN AGE MADNESS ---ALL SOLD ----- THREAD CLOSED!

153 posts in this topic

:news:

ALL SOLD!!! CLOSED

(Featuring Fiction House and Romance)

What: (I'm selling)

I'm clearing out the majority of my personal collection. (yes, that means this is stuff I liked at some point, not junk drek left over from craigslist) I will be adding to this thread so keep checking back.

IN THIS THREAD: I'm selling Fiction House titles: Jumbo, Jungle, Wings, and Ghost. I will also be selling some other random GA stuff, likely GGA stuff....stay tuned!

Why: (I'm selling it)

Not getting out of the game, just focusing on stuff that I'm really into. (and can carry in three boxes) So I'm happy to listen to offers, but with prices like these, I wouldn't wait too long before pulling the trigger. ;)

How: (you can buy it):

First takeit (icon, words, implied meaning, wink, nudge) posted publicly or privately wins over any PM negotiations that haven't been sealed with "it's a deal". Them's the rules.

Who: (can't buy it)

No Shady characters please. This includes: Hall of Shamers, Probies, Intergalactic Dictators, or Chicago parking police (I'm flexible on that last one...)

When: (when you pay, you get comics)

Shipping is $4 flat for any group of singles up to 7, $1/book thereafter. First class for up to 4 books, Media mail default shipping method. Priority (extra $5) & insurance optional as well. (about $2/book or bundle) Payment via Paypal only please. Int'l shipping will be actual cost. Returns accepted within 7 days of receipt of book.

Thanks! :

Jungle Comics #99 - GD $70

Classic bondage cover! Great gloss on this one despite the grade. Top Staple pop, lower attached. Spine tears and moderate roll as well as a lightly brittle lower area. Small amount of taple sealing a few tears interior cover. Highly readable!

Fiction%20House%20-%20Jungle%20Comics%20099a%201_zpsbvrtwguy.jpg

Fiction%20House%20-%20Jungle%20Comics%20092%202_zps96ddtaue.jpg

Jumbo Comics #58 VG/FN $100

Only thing keeping this book from a FN+ are a few little tears front & rear, and the several erased "1943"s on the cover and a small chip upper spine. Also a light crease that paralells spine. Both the writing indention and crease would press awy to oblivion. Great gloss and color on this one, with off-white pages.

Jumbo%20Comics%20058%201_zpse8rpb3ip.jpg

Jumbo%20Comics%20058%202_zpslb15rwqm.jpg

Jungle Comics #97 - FN- $50 SOLD

Such a lovely book and would be higher if not for the corner piece missing on the back cover. (who's looking there anyway?) Short upper/lower spine splits. Top staple popped, bottom holding lightly. Great interior!

Fiction%20House%20-%20Jungle%20Comics%20097%201_zpsxgftggkp.jpg

Fiction%20House%20-%20Jungle%20Comics%20097%202_zpskdfu5hem.jpg

Always like your sales threads Jeremy.

You have good taste in books and offer them up at reasonable prices.

Looking forward to seeing what else you might be adding to this thread.

GLWTS.

Jumbo Comics #153 - VG $45

Classic Maurice Whitman cover, another favorite of mine. (nobody drew Sheena better IMHO). Solid book, but staples and tears reinforced with tape (conserved).

Note: this is my very first Fiction House purchase and hundreds of issues later proves this is a highly addictive book....you've been warned....

Jumbo%20Comics%20153%201_zps0dlfkicn.jpg

Jumbo%20Comics%20153%202_zpshiupegwf.jpg

Ghost Comics #8 GD+ $185 SOLD

Ghosts are HAAARD to come by these days. See one and it's gone before you know it, just like the comics. (what did you think I was talking about?) Very well presenting for the grade. Top staple popped, bottom partially (still holding by back cover) Sub crease. Don't think, buy it now.

CCI05032016_0023_zpsodajvtvc.jpg

CCI05032016_0024_zpsmd0pwvpc.jpg

Ok, let's take a break from Fiction House for bit....

Cat-Man #29 CGC Blue Label 1.8 - $225 SOLD :news:

Really struggled with selling this one. Very tough series to collect and this one is one of the tougher issues. It is listed as a Gerber 8!! (see chart for what that means)This is another one I wouldn't wait to buy. Brand-new CGC Case, twice the weight and better clarity. Looks great!

Gerber_Scale_zpsuecaluor.jpg

E520B6C4-852B-4239-932B-74DEED99349F_zpszue8bxpz.jpg

3B5753CF-A9D7-4585-88EB-B50FE3AF1619_zpsjkjyx8dd.jpg

Robot Men of the Lost Planet #1 - GD- $150 SOLD

Classic Kinstler GGA Scifi cover. A must have for the collector of those genres. This book has a few issues. Cover still attached by top staple, but there is some rust on both. Leaf-side of the book's covers are thin and worn, and there are a few tiny holes around the edges of the cover and spine. Some tape reinforcement of the weakest areas. Very readable though, and looks fantastic in Mylar. Not an everyday-kinda-book and worth owning despite the flaws.

Avon%20-%20Robotmen%20of%20the%20Lost%20Planet%20001%201_zpsz9nttg9n.jpg

Avon%20-%20Robotmen%20of%20the%20Lost%20Planet%20001%202_zps2k0k953m.jpg

Black Cat Mystery #33 - GD $30 SOLD

Great Lee Elias cover with intense reds. Lower right corner replaced with a hand-painted one, the same corner of all pages behind it, including back cover, are missing. Looks like a bindery issue, not damage.

Harvey%20-%20Black%20Cat%20Comics%20050%201_zpsken6l11u.jpg

Harvey%20-%20Black%20Cat%20Comics%20050%202_zpskczxqsst.jpg