• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Random Thoughts posted by MetalPSI

106 posts in this topic

Ah, nice soothing meal to smooth out the bumps in the highway of life.

Seriously, had the best chicken nachos in the hotel restaurant.

Got a few books signed by Erik Larsen, awesome guy

Got a few books signed by Jae Lee, another awesome guy. I was sitting there all confused and disorganized and he just sat there and said, No worries, you are actually doing me a favor so I can get this sketch done, take your time. Just fantastic.

Sam Kieth, as you may already know, was the highlight for this trip. In fact, it was the whole reason for it. I cannot gush enough about the guy. He is just a genuinely nice person and an example to everyone to be a kind and gentle human being. I completed my long awaited collection with this signing, and it was entirely on the patience and understanding of this fabulous artist.

If you ever get a chance to meet Sam Kieth, even if you don't like his art all that much, do yourself a favor and just get something signed by him. And I am not saying this just because he is one of my favorite artists. I am saying this because he is just that type of person that we all wish we could be.

Sounds like you're having a good time at the show. It's great that the artists you admire turn out to be as nice in person.

Dave, it's just so surreal. The people I've met on this trip are just the kind of people I've always wanted to meet and get to know, but just never had the chance to. Junkdrawer (Chris) is just an overall great guy. Going to a restaurant he's suggested tonight. One thing I do know I cannot miss on this trip is the area food. I love seafood, so it's going to be a treat.

As for the artists/creators, man. These people LOVE what they do. I respect them so much.

Awaiting the 3 months it takes to get books back.

And a month for a grail to show up, along with another cool book.

Will I post it here? Stay tuned to find out....

Same bat time, same bat channel

lol

:gossip: My car needs repairs, I may have some Ticks for sale.

I had to bury my Godson this past weekend and spent my wad for awhile. But I'll definitely be back to buying soon to build up my registry. I'm not too particular about just getting 9.8's so I'm hoping to find some bargains out there. Peace be with you!

Vic out

lol

:gossip: My car needs repairs, I may have some Ticks for sale.

I had to bury my Godson this past weekend and spent my wad for awhile. But I'll definitely be back to buying soon to build up my registry. I'm not too particular about just getting 9.8's so I'm hoping to find some bargains out there. Peace be with you!

Vic out

Very sorry for your loss, Vic

I had come in here with the intention of lamenting having to sell my prized car, not realizing what Vic had posted. Seems kinda stupid now.

I do miss her, however. The sacrifices we make to keep ourselves above water.

I loved that car. Really really loved that car. There was no comic I wanted more than I wanted that car. I wouldn't have sold it for any comic, traded it for anything.

I've been unemployed for 6 months now, bills piled up, and there she went. Only when faced with utter desperation could I part with her.

Well, I can now go a year being unemployed if life so dictates. Not that I will, if I have anything to say about it. But it's a sacrifice I will remember, always.

Now to make some money to get a better one, one day

Finally finished my '88 Aliens 1-6 in 9.8 run.

I had a 9.6 run done for half the price of the #1 and #2 I needed in 9.8 lol

Totally worth it though, those were some tough bad boys to track down.

Now if only I could find a really grade raw of Hive #4 to submit to complete my Hive run. Will be a shame it won't be signed by Jones in the foreseeable future, but a complete set is better than not.

Only other set missing a comic is my Cyber collection, Wolverine #94 in 9.8.

Can't wait till December to get my Boston sub back and see what the damage is.

So I've had my computer sitting collecting dust for a couple of years. I've decided to get back into mixing/creating music with my spare time.

So I spend a little money for a new mobo and I've had nothing but problems trying to get windows installed. Apparently updates for win7 have been disabled.

Not only that, my install keeps crashing when it's almost finished. Wondering if my HDD bit the dust as well....or maybe my processor also CAKed on me.

Well, its been about an hour, doing a format through recovery, 1TB is too big, haven't even run chkdsk on it yet to see what, if any, bad sectors there are. Just reminded me of the old days, when I would stay up all night fiddling with a system, pretty much for the heck of it.

It's 115am and I'm tired lol And bored.

Old age sucks

Computer has been running like a dream. Helps to take time and do it right.

Found some obscure Tick comics, another nice Sam Kieth cover and his issue of the last Spiderman.

Good times.

Still miss my baby, but it will all be worth it

There is nothing quite like coming home from a trip and taking a number two on your own toilet
I realize proper and decent folks generally don't comment on such matters, but yeah, the familiarity of one's own bowl is a blessing at times.