• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man vs. Superman

19 posts in this topic

used to be dealers could not unload these at shows for $5-$10 each, now, with ebay, a whole world of people are paying good money for it as should have been the case all along.

i'd probably bid on the linked one if he took paypal. mine has a few dings from being read about 500 times in my youth.

i think its non-standard size held it back for a long time. but heck, that's something that should be framed and hung up in the living room to drive the wfie nuts!

loved that book as a kid. loved those treasuries. still have most of them in a box.

I'd say the sleeper of the Treasury Series would be #26,which features the first solo Wolverine story outside of the X-men.

Both Spidey-Supes books,the Supes- Ali and just about all these oversized books are great bargins,but are beginning to edge up in price.

I'd say the sleeper of the Treasury Series would be #26,which features the first solo Wolverine story outside of the X-men.

Both Spidey-Supes books,the Supes- Ali and just about all these oversized books are great bargins,but are beginning to edge up in price.

Shadroch, I agree with you on this one. Wolverine is even in his old yellow costume and not a lot of people know about it. What do these sell for? I have one in about vf I was thinking of selling.

As for Supes vs Spidey, those were selling around $50 a pop in the early 1990s at shows around DC. I sold a great one for $50, another for $40 plus and a well read one for $25. The TOUGH one to get is the second Superman vs Spider-man treasury with the orange cover.

Joe

I have a bunch of the second teamup,starring the Parasite.They are a bit shelfworn but if anyone wants them at reasonable prices.....

I'm amazed how many dealers are not aware of the Wolverine solo story. I also can't believe Marvel thought so much of the story that they hired Ken Langraf to draw it.

Another must have Treasury book is Muhammed Ali vs. Superman. Great story.

hours of fun, trying to ID all the people in the audience.

don't forget the great LOSH ish, with the pre-Who's Who explanation of each member of the Legion

The second Superman-Spidey and Batman-Hulk crossovers were reprinted in paperback format.

Haven't seen one for the first Superman-Spidey meeting. confused-smiley-013.gif

Jeez, I had the hardcover Famous First Edition of Detective 27. I have no idea where I got it, but I'd had it since I was a kid. I sold it when I was about 15, along with some cards and other comics. I was too young to get a job, but had to have money. I get sick thinking about those transactions.

I still have my childhood copies of other Treasuries and Famous Firsts. Awesome bathroom reading.

The second Superman-Spidey and Batman-Hulk crossovers were reprinted in paperback format.

Haven't seen one for the first Superman-Spidey meeting. confused-smiley-013.gif

LINKIE hi.gif

Not a TPB but a paperback! screwy.gif

I always loved the treasuries. Seemed like you got so very much for your $$$.

I was happy to stumble across this one a few years ago on a vacation. There were a limited number of these that were to be signed by Stan & Carmine Infantino (pretty sure it was Carmine), but for some reason Carmine didn't end up signing.

supesspideyt7xu.jpg

This one ain't mint, but I got it with the original mailer - pretty cool...

I just went to E-bay, seconds ago and clicked in "Marvel Treasury". There were 49 of them up there but few bidders unfortunately. The Superman/Spider-man one was up at .99 British Pounds minimum bid and had no bids though it was still in the early stages of bidding. It is a very well known comic, I suspect because of its cover being on that old "Marvel Try-out Book". It is a very enjoyable comic as well.