• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So Batman is my favorite DC character so which #1 issue should I buy?

10 posts in this topic

Like the title says, my favorite DC character is Batman. I was wondering what issue of #1 should I buy? Is the New 52 worth picking up or with the rebirth thing going on, the new #1 will be the comic to own? I wish I had the money for the golden age batman 1 but that ship has long set sail for me.

Get both and maybe get the Masterpiece Edition of the 1940's Batman 1, there is also a 1984 Oreo giveaway copy of Tec 27. There are plenty of options for collecting Batman on a budget :)

With regards to the Masterpiece copy, it's usually cheaper to get the box containing the comic and figurine, than it is to get just the comic itself.

My friend loves Batman, but would never be able to afford the Golden Age stuff, so he went this route.

What Mad Bob said! Buy the Oreo reprint of Tec 27 and the Batman Masterpiece Edition reprint of Batman 1. Throw them in mylars and sit back and dream. They're great looking books.

Is the New 52 worth picking up or with the rebirth thing going on, the new #1 will be the comic to own?

The question make me think you are picking up the # 1 based upon perceived value. Are you going to read them or are you buying them hoping to get a ROI? The Rebirth Batman books will go up, surely, and the New52 Batman books are cooling off and - IMO - will continue to do so as more people come to focus on volume 3.

But if your reason is to actually read volume 2 then absolutely pick it up I thought it was a fantastic run and worth the read. It's already had its beginning, middle and end whereas vol3 is just starting and whats to come or how good it will turn out to be remains to be seen.

Thanks guys. I want them to read but after I read I want them to possibly increase in value over the long term(say 50 years or so when I decide to sell off my collection)

50 years....?

fo realz ....????

Your money is better spent in the stock market.