• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 238: Direct vs Newstand Tattooz?

41 posts in this topic

Because of the fact that the tattooz could be removed from one book and put in another, OS gives just one value for both with/without the insert.

Since Overstreet gives the same price because they can't tell if the book originally came with the tatooz or not, shouldn't this be considered the next great "pressing" type of scandal in the hobby? yeahok.gif

Since Overstreet gives the same price because they can't tell if the book originally came with the tatooz or not, shouldn't this be considered the next great "pressing" type of scandal in the hobby? yeahok.gif

Bug,

Why the sudden obsession with pressing? confused-smiley-013.gif

According to my calculations and very brief research, there are 8 types, if you include Canadian editions.

Are you sure there are BOTH US and Canadian Direct copies? I thought Marvel had already switched to an one-size-fits-all format with the US/CAN/UK prices on the cover.

You might want to check it out to be sure.

I have two copies, the 3 price version and the 75 cent Canadian version, but missing the 60 cent US version. Later I can post a pic if needed.

Below is what I believe is the US Direct copy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=70961&item=6522964543&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Perhaps I was incorrect in indicating there were direct and newstand editions. I presumed there was because one edition has the UPC bar code in the cover box and another edition has the Spidey head.

I also may have typed prematurely regarding

"US Newstand w/ tattooz

US Newstand w/o tatooz

US Direct w/ tatooz

US Direct w/o tatooz

Canadian Newstand w/ tatooz

Canadian Newstand w/o tatooz

Canadian Direct w/ tattooz

Canadian Direct w/o tattooz"

I have direct knowledge of the first 6 issues existing although I have never seen a Canadian Direct Market edition, that is, one with the Spidey head in the cover box.

Has anyone?

BTW - I only care because I am a loser completist of ASM.

Bug,

My name's not Bug. It's Snooty Possum.

And are you serious? You think I'm obsessed with pressing? Tell me...how does a person (you) read these boards...miss the approximately 3 million posts on pressing scattered about in most of the threads...and then think my few posts commenting on pressing is an obsession?

Perhaps a better question would be...are you new here? confused-smiley-013.gif

Below is what I believe is the US Direct copy:

Yes, that is the 3-price (US, CAN, UK) edition I was referring to that was used for the USA, Canada and UK. We still need to find a 60-cent US Direct version without the CAN/UK prices.

I do not think it exists.

My name's not Bug. It's Snooty Possum.

Well, *now* it is.

And are you serious? You think I'm obsessed with pressing? Tell me...how does a person (you) read these boards...miss the approximately 3 million posts on pressing scattered about in most of the threads...and then think my few posts commenting on pressing is an obsession?

Because when a post is started on something innocuous like, say, price variants, and you out-of-nowhere bring up pressing, it makes it seem as if you enjoy the subject.

Perhaps a better question would be...are you new here? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, I just hit the 1-year mark a few days ago. Wheather that qualifies as "new" or not I guess depends on your definiton of "new".

To some like Major Khoas, deathlok, and THE_BEYONDER, I'm new.

To others like The_Brain, nightcrawler1978/khurst/hobgoblin, and kiltman, I'm old. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, *now* it is.

Nope. Been Snooty Possum since I joined.

Because when a post is started on something innocuous like, say, price variants, and you out-of-nowhere bring up pressing, it makes it seem as if you enjoy the subject.

It's not out-of-nowhere. If Overstreet doesn't price them differently because they can't differentiate if the tatooz came with the book or not, it sure sounds eerily similar to the whole pressing thing that's beaten to death around here. Which is why I'm asking if this should be the next hot "scandal" topic of the forum. And the whole pressing debate poked it's head up in dozens of threads across the forum, regardless of whether that's what the thread was about or not. So should we just label all of these people "obsessed" then? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, I just hit the 1-year mark a few days ago. Wheather that qualifies as "new" or not I guess depends on your definiton of "new".

To some like Major Khoas, deathlok, and THE_BEYONDER, I'm new.

To others like The_Brain, nightcrawler1978/khurst/hobgoblin, and kiltman, I'm old. confused-smiley-013.gif

If you've somehow missed all the threads that have been permeated and overtaken by the "pressing" issue in here...I'd say that you qualify as being new. gossip.gif

And the whole pressing debate poked it's head up in dozens of threads across the forum, regardless of whether that's what the thread was about or not. So should we just label all of these people "obsessed" then? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you've somehow missed all the threads that have been permeated and overtaken by the "pressing" issue in here...I'd say that you qualify as being new. gossip.gif

Oh, I've seen lots of threads started on pressing, but I'd be (pardon the pun) hard-pressed to find a thread that was started about a different topic and then highjacked into a pressing thread.

Does anybody have a FF 252 so they can scan these too's in

and show to the vieing public.

It would be cool to see 'em since I was one of those goofy kids that

ripped mine out and used them.

Another thing, I wonder how many other comics their are out there that

has a freebie or a sample that would be worth significantly less without the

additional item... ?

confused-smiley-013.gif

or these boards? confused-smiley-013.gif

or why haven't you paid Shield the money you owe him yet? confused-smiley-013.gif

thanks for confirming you're bug. why haven't you paid donut his money yet. and to answer your dumbarse "?" i never had an accord with shield. you're obsessed with these boards, go back a re read the thread. then you tell me if i ever replied to shield saying that we had an accord. now go hijack some eBay accounts and make sure you get a life other than licking dubya's arse hypocrite.

sincerely,

supapimp

or these boards? confused-smiley-013.gif

or why haven't you paid Shield the money you owe him yet? confused-smiley-013.gif

thanks for confirming your bug. why haven't you paid donut his money yet. and to answer your dumbarse "?" i never had an accord with shield. you're obsessed with these boards, go back a re read the thread. then you tell me if i ever replied to shield saying that we had an accord. no go hijack some eBay accounts and make sure you get a life other than licking dubya's arse hypocrite.

sincerely,

supapimp

Buggin' Out!

insane.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

thanks for confirming your bug. why haven't you paid donut his money yet. and to answer your dumbarse "?" i never had an accord with shield. you're obsessed with these boards, go back a re read the thread. then you tell me if i ever replied to shield saying that we had an accord. no go hijack some eBay accounts and make sure you get a life other than licking dubya's arse hypocrite.

Sorry, but I'm not bug so I'm not sure how anything I said can confirm that. I'm Snooty Possum and this whole "I didn't have an accord with shield" is even weaker than Joe's "way more" argument.

Everyone in the thread where the bet was made agreed that the bet was made and that you lost it. makepoint.gif

Quit trying to weasel you way out of it and pay Shield his money!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Here is a completed auction that has a large pic of the tattooz insert however it appears to be not in the book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=70961&item=6521687472&rd=1

The opposite side of it is mostly white, with direction for the tattooz. Inside of my insert as I held it up to the light, was one very tiny 3/4" x 3/4" tattooz piece. The insert takes up about 1/3 of the very last page.

FYI -