• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #2

16 posts in this topic

Hi all, I would greatly appreciate your opinions on the grade of my comic. I am new to collecting and deciding whether to slab or not.

Notes:

The front cover scan is showing lots more marks than I noticed by eye

The back cover is not stained, it is dirt. That included the black lines seen.

Staples are tight and book feels solid.

Thanks in advance.

image.jpg1_zpsqzvmkw3k.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsgx8tmswv.jpg

4cac2841-8af4-4ffe-8b0d-18141b3e9256_zpsubmzyude.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsiw6hasjq.jpg

I have to admit that I like the idea I can pick up the comic in-hand rather than a slab. Still not sure yet, going to give it time & thought. I've only just started collecting.

I think, and I am by no means an expert, it would do ok with a cleaning, and it would be worth slabbing.

With a cleaning, definitely in the 5.0-6.0 range. Again, just opinion here. And not the best one.

Thanks for your comments. To be honest, I don't mind whether they are pence or cents. I'm in it for the covers. If they appeal to me, I try an buy if in my price range, if it's a key, then it's a bonus!

Hi, yes a pence copy. I'm from the UK too.

I didn't realise about pence copies until recently (and their supposed lower value).

(thumbs u

As far as lower value - depends on who you ask. Regardless, thats a nice copy and best of luck.

Are you saying there are people (I assume overseas) paying the same price for pence copies as US copies? If that is the case you will make a fortune buying pence copies for cheap from US sellers and selling them overseas. I have always seen pence copies sell for a steep discount.

To be honest i don't know what the market is doing, I'm just too new to the scene. I took my comics to a local shop to get his opinion and he said that UK variants would loose between 30-50% depending on condition and key or not. I'm sure the UK based traders have already tapped into the USA although postage is always too expensive, I don't see the point.

Anyhow, after some research I realised they are printed on the same press as US versions, at the same time so think it's all nonsense and realise what I'm holding regardless of the stamp. Also, I'm surprised that there would be any pence copies in the USA??