• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #14

17 posts in this topic

Hi all, this is the 2nd of the three comics I've started my collection with. Again I would be grateful for your time and opinion.

Comic is tight and looks real good to me.

image.jpg1_zpsgypmff9t.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsudn0drs0.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsiyvrkzco.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsksoltbvg.jpg

Wow ! I thought it would be higher (not loads). Just seen another member asking for a ASM 14 to be graded and it don't look as tidy. It getting between 5 & 6. Can I get your reasoning for a FN. Thanks for your time.

Ps. Anyone else like to comment on the grade.

Wow ! I thought it would be higher (not loads). Just seen another member asking for a ASM 14 to be graded and it don't look as tidy. It getting between 5 & 6. Can I get your reasoning for a FN. Thanks for your time.

The centerfold shows discolored (not rusted, I think) staples.

So an o/w sharp F+ or even FVF would be reduced for the discolored staples.

If grey/shiny inside staples, I'd up to 6.5 at least.

Going by the front cover I would agree, but the back cover has some wear issues on the top edge also light discoloration on the back cover as well.

Hi, thanks again for your comments. I'll check the condition of the staples etc and poss post some more pics up. Your reasoning is fair, just wanted to see what the reasons were. Sinks again!

The centerfold shows discolored (not rusted, I think) staples.

So an o/w sharp F+ or even FVF would be reduced for the discolored staples.

If grey/shiny inside staples, I'd up to 6.5 at least.

Discolored staples will have no impact on grade in that grade range. I own a 9.0 book with a full on rusted staple.

Hi, thanks for your comments...and opinion.

Maybe it's just that I'm new to comic collecting but I find it hard to comprehend why you find a comic that only shows 29 recorded CGC universal graded copies (I know there are more) with only 7 above a 6.5 grade much less desirable.

I understand these are "American" comics and I posses a UK variant (myself being from the UK) but it just makes a laugh when you look at the two versions and see the same image bar the price tag and knowing the origins of both versions.

Personally, when I look at a comic cover,I look at the artwork in determining whether I like it and going to invest in it and the higher grade I can afford, the better....just my opinion.