• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March 12 ~~~ Comics to Read!

31 posts in this topic

Below is a list of the better stuff that came out this week and if your not reading it...have your mom drive you to the comic shop and get them all!...including the back issues!

laugh.gif "Blood + Water" # 1 A new title out from Vertigo...and one hell-of-a read! great book, well done! Vertigo does it agian!

laugh.gif "Reload" # 1 from Homage Comics Another new title to get your hands on ...decent read, great action

laugh.gif "Fables" #11 from Vertigo....do I have to say anything?!

laugh.gif "Ultimates" # 9 from Marvel..great fight between the Cap. and Hank Pyme, a bit short but kick [!@#%^&^] all the same!

laugh.gif "Ultimate X-men" #30 from Marvel..Awesome! About time Cyclops is shown kicking [!@#%^&^]!

laugh.gif "H.E.R.O" #2 From DC This truly is one of the best comic series out this year! I'm saying that after just reading the 2nd issue!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hulk #51....I've been getting so lost...still buying it just because....

Captain America #10 just like Hulk..keep finding myself saying "huh?"

Mekanix #6 of 6....first two comics were a good read the rest have been going down hill! last issue was no exception...*yawn*

"Captain America - What price Glory?" #2 of 4 ......*yawn*

"Aquaman" # 4 - I am liking the Aquaman series...I would recommend picking this one along with the back issues...good read....would give it 3 stars out of 5

that's it for right now!..have more comics to tell us about throw them up!

Excellent picks all the way down, Diablo. "Blood + Water" was such a ... surprise? I'm really glad to see Winick spreading his creative wings and doing something a little darker than what we're used to... not that Exiles hasn't had it's share of dark moments............. and Green Lantern had that savage beating... okay, Winick's a pretty screwy guy. wink.gif

And "H.E.R.O" is absolutely FANTASTIC! If you people haven't read this book, it is one of the most original, innovative takes on the super-hero genre that you will find!

Woo. Great books this week... gotta love that! laugh.gif

can't agree with you more! But I think H.E.R.O. isn't actually all that orignal...I was told by the "All knowing Comic Shop Owner" It was a comic that was out in the 70's allthough I never read the 70's version I would bet my Uncanny #94 that it was never this good!

But I do agree This H.E.R.O is the best "new" comic that came out this year...it does leave you impatient for the next issue

lol Yes, yes, yes ... and the ORIGINAL "Dial 'H' For HERO" was lots of fun, but what I was meaning is that this series has a VERY different take on the superhero gig. I mean, the original "Dial" was very......................... DC. Very whitebread, very tame. This one is dark and deep and soooooo compelling! I just hope they can keep up the pace!

(You should go get the old Dial H's... they're pretty cool in that hokey, old school-ey sort of way. But it seems like they ran in Adventure or something like that? confused.gif I'll have to dig them out and see.)

I agree with you there...that's what it was called...Dial H...speaking of "whitebread DC" I'm a bit surprised it wasn't a Vertigo title...this style of writing seems more there kinda cup 'o tea

I hear to keep it intresting it will have a 100 bullets type take...new characters...different main characters...have the whole range....the good, bad & ugly....

"The End" SUCKS. IT SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS.

Ahhhhh...you're breakin' my heart MK....I am a big Starlin fan from way back and I was truly anticipating this 2 issue series... crazy.gif

Let me get this straight...It sucks????

You guys will have to read it... I don't know, I was reading it thinking "They CAN'T be serious. They just can't." Apparently, they can, and they are... I don't want to ruin the completely unimaginative story for you, but the whole time I was thinking "Man, 'Fred Hembeck Destroys The Marvel Universe' was better than this!"

And it was. It actually was.

Hell, you'd be better off picking up a copy of "Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe" (which has conveniently seen a new print run none-too-coincidentally at the same time as the release of "The End"). Actually, the Punisher one is a fairly enjoyable read. wink.gif Let me know what you think of The End, Rick... and D, if you don't have it, don't bother getting it. mad.gif

Darn it, and here I thought the END was going to be good. Thought it was going to be similar to the last Infinity book. Too late for me. I already sank my money into buying it. Maybe I'll fing some redeeming qualities about it.

I've been enjoying Goon, not to mention Spiderman, Hulk and Ultimate Spiderman. Not real sure why you're getting lost in Hulk, it's tough to follow if you don't have all the issues I guess?

Brian

This is actually the 3rd incarnation of 'Dial H.'

The first ran in House of Mystery in the period between the departure of J'onn J'onzz and the arrival of Cain and the DC horror period.

The second ran in Adventure in the period between the departure of Plastic Man /

Starman and the arrival of the all-reprint Digest format.

Cheers,

Z.

Not real sure why you're getting lost in Hulk

Not so much as getting lost as confussed....people get shot in the head and get right back up...I know there comics, but come on!...I will admit that # 51 was on of the better issues I've read for a while in that series...on of the only reasons I've stuck with it so far is the cover artists, Kaare Andrews, I just the the covers he's done...

Question!!! I can place most of the Hulk covers but would like to know if issue #44 , #45 and #47 are from something else? (I'd swear there all familiar)

Sockamagee! Zonkers absolutly right. The first series had Robbie Reed as the H.E.R.O. . The last time I saw him in a comic was when DC did that series of SILVER-AGE comics about two years ago. BTW; he always said SOCKAMAGEE. That was his catch fraze I guess. The second H.E.R.O. series had two people as the H.E.R.O., a boy and girl. Last time I saw them was in a DC PRESENTS story. I didn't know there was a new H.E.R.O. series. I'll have to check it out. I've been collecting DIAL H FOR HERO for a long time. Sounds like something for me to check out.