• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March 12 ~~~ Comics to Read!

31 posts in this topic

Reload #1 was excellent...my only complaint was that, with all the dialogue-less splash pages, it was too short!! I'm also disappointed that it's only a 3-issue mini-series. Anyway, I think we need more comics like this on the market: well written, realistically-drawn art, no superpowers or spandex. Is that too much to ask for?

I'll echo people's sentiments about "The End"...the artwork was great, but the story and dialogue were atrocious. Since when does Peter Parker spout phrases like, "What goes on here?" Or Daredevil..."A lie? A trick? No." Are these guys taking night classes on Shakespeare or spending too much time with Thor?

confused.gif

Gene

I'll echo people's sentiments about "The End"...the artwork was great

Maybe I've been spoiled by the Great George (Perez), but the art was SEVERELY lacking for me. I spent a fair amount of time just looking at the cover... and it just really, really left me cold. It was as if Starlin could really nail Thanos, but most of the other people (particularly during the X-Men bit) looked like their heads had been taped on by someone else. frown.gif

but the story and dialogue were atrocious.

Aaaaaamen. What the HELL were they thinking with that Daredevil/Spider-Man exchange?? I wanted to laugh, but it was just so damned sad. shocked.gifmad.giffrown.gif

Guys - I'm thinking of slimming down my modern comic purchases. I usually buy these books:

-Batman

-Detective

-JLA

-Green Arrow

-USM

-Cap America

-GI Joe

-Frontline

I am thinking seriously about eliminating Cap, GI Joe and Frontline.

Any compelling arguments as to why I should keep them?

Thanks,

DAM

DAM~~

I too will be droping Cap off my list, the first couple of issues were...compelling with the whole terrorism plot, but now...just a waste of a bag and board...GI Joe?...don't pick it up so can't give ya any input there....I would say from your list of comics that you do buy I was surprised the you didn't have The Ultimates among your regular buy list nor Daredevil...these are two of my top ten...

I'm dropping Cap also. I don't read the other two so I don't know what to say about them. If you're looking for titles to replace those with I would say Alias, 100 Bullets and ASM in that order. If you really want to treat your self pick up the trades for 100 Bullets and start reading from #1 and same with Alias (easy to pick up all single issues from 1 to present). Then pick up ASM from #30 to present.

Alias (easy to pick up all single issues from 1 to present).

This is the BEST book being published today, without a doubt. FINALLY a book for grownups! If you're looking for it, I'd recommend getting the hardcover that reprints 1-6(8?) as they moved panels around and it is a compelling read.

I have just finished reading it and kinda enjoy it. Gave me the feel that I was reading the Infinity Gauntlet. Storyline should be interesting to see where it goes but I will reserve final judgement until #2 as that will decide if I will continue or not. Anything with Thanos and Surfer together rule tho wink.gif.