• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant's Bloodshot 0 - Platinum Error on Ebay

14 posts in this topic

Supposedly this was a printing error. A guy I know that I go to school with who is a huge valiant fan (sorry about his luck) said supposedly that this book is ultra rare with only like 4 being made or something like that.

This is the third confirmed copy...

(DAM60, if you're serious, then you have the fourth)

Kevin VanHook (editor at the time) says there was no Platinum Bloodshot 0

to his knowledge...so it's been argued that these are errors from the

Bloodshot 0 Gold printing where the "gold coloring" wasn't applied.

(That explains the lack of a cover price...the Gold version had no cover price.)

It's unknown how many copies exist...

the print run on the Gold was 5,000...so this is a subset of that print.

It could be 3, 10, or even 300...but chances are, more will be found eventually.

Maybe some of you have one in your unsold cases of Valiant!

Don't get excited if you find a regular version though, it's only worth $1.

If you find a gold...it's about $15-$20.

The "treasure" is the Platinum one without a cover price.

Now, while you're looking...you might as well check for these other Valiant books:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2164176317

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2161810311

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2162907579

Why would anyone pay $100+ for those common, worthless Valiant books?

(Maybe because these are neither common, nor worthless...and Overstreet is sleeping.)

DotComFool - now I have to go back and check. If there were only 4 printed then I probably do NOT have it, but I will go through and take another look - I thought that Platinum Bloodshot was like a X-O gold or what not - low print run, but not impossible to find by any means.

Ah, the wonderful world of Valiants!!

DAM

As a fan of the early Valiant's and an owner of more copies of those chromium covers then I care to admit, I will of course have to go and check my boxes. As others have said, I probably have better odds of finding a Hulk #181 in my local dealers 50 cent bin, but what the heck! grin.gif

The only person who can say, "Yes" I have one of those Bloodshot 0 Platinums,

is...this seller (soon to be new owner)...

...and a Valiant/Acclaim collector owns the other two known copies.

(Not me!)

He found the first known copy and bought it privately,

then he bought the second known copy on eBay last year.

He's bidding on the third copy (currently on eBay), but he may or may not win it.

That's all 3, unless you guys can find another!

You should post a thread in comics general along the lines of 'can anyone find this book?' and show a scan of the cover + historic description.

Maybe even make it a contest (they go down well here). Then lets see how many copies we can turn up. grin.gif

I think someone should stop this one guy from hoarding ALL the copies of this book, and I think it should be you. Step up man! Do you really want one guy owning all 3?