• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos # 1

14 posts in this topic

I just picked this book up at a local show. Your opinion{s} on the grade would be very much appreciated. The pages are a stunning bone white. The BC is also very white.

Color strike is very nice as well. The scan is not doing the color strike any favors. Colors are much nicer in hand. Gloss of the book is the same. Scan not doing it any favors. But I don't manipulate the scans. They are what they are. Thanks for your opinions.

163021.jpg.c26f70935397700e2ba76d668cbfc62a.jpg

163022.jpg.ab3d541c3e8a6b8a8136bd037f6eede9.jpg

Beautiful book.

I'm at 5.0, but I think I could go down to 4.5 depending on what's going on around the top staple and near the top of the spine.

But that's splitting hairs.......it's a great looking book regardless.

I think he means the pen mark around word bubble just NE of "Keep." Like someone traced the perimeter with a dark pen around the left side of the word bubble. Also, in bag it's hard to see the wear, perhaps it has more stresses than are obvious, and some tears at top of spine or left of Nick's underarm. If so, I'll have to agree it's more 4.0/4.5 than 5.0.

I can see exactly what you guys are saying. I decided to take a good look at that area. Then I looked up all of the scans and photos of the FC I could find. Every copy listed on Ebay has this "tracing" to some degree or another. I will admit that on my book the "tracing" does seem to be more predominate. There is no bleed through on the inside cover at all.

I personally have this book graded as a very solid 3.5 A decent 4.0

The white pages, white back cover, very nice colors, gloss, is something I find very hard to see in other copies of this book.

Thanks for the grades. They are much appreciated.

I can see exactly what you guys are saying. I decided to take a good look at that area. Then I looked up all of the scans and photos of the FC I could find. Every copy listed on Ebay has this "tracing" to some degree or another. I will admit that on my book the "tracing" does seem to be more predominate. There is no bleed through on the inside cover at all.

Ah, It's a natural occurrence with the printing of that book, that happens all the time with cover art.

I remember checking other copies of a JIM 112 for what I thought were soil spots or shadows around their feet - it was natural, they were shadows and were on all the copies.

I personally have this book graded as a very solid 3.5 A decent 4.0

The white pages, white back cover, very nice colors, gloss, is something I find very hard to see in other copies of this book.

Thanks for the grades. They are much appreciated.

For years, I thought my raw copy was traced, it's not. I like your book and would grade it a strong 5.5 . Nice eye appeal and no major flaws.

Thanks Again for the grades. I tend to be a pretty tough/strict grader. That way I am not disappointed with the books I own or am considering buying. It may be time to loosen up on the grades I give ever so slightly.

One thing with me is I will not knowingly own a restored/conserved/pressed book. There just not something I want/need in my collection.