• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warren Vampirella question

4 posts in this topic

I figure someone here is knowledgable about Vampirella magazines. :)

My local shop had someone come in who had bought a storage locker at auction, and there were about a dozen pretty nice (VFish) Warren Vampirellas inside. My shop bought them, and sold them to me for a song.

I use another website to keep track of my collection, and the image for issue #77 on that website showed a $1.75 cover price. Mine was $1.50.

The same thing for #78. $2.00 cover on the website, $1.75 in my hands.

A search on yet a third website showed cover scans for both versions.

I'm assuming that one of the variations is a Canadian or Australian (?) cover price, but I had never heard of Warren Vampirella mags having price variants.

Anybody have any light to shed on this for me? Thanks!

It's a fairly rare book, but if you can find a copy perhaps this will answer your questions. The fellow who compiled this massive tome includes info on tons of non-US editions. It's probably the best compendium of it's type I've ever seen, at around 700 pages or so, and fully illustrated with cover scans of all things Warren!!!!

gathering%20horror_zpshoewjqpj.jpg