• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain Britain #2

5 posts in this topic

These books are so tough to grade. Front cover looks like a 9.4-9.6. Maybe a spine tick and a couple of slightly rounded corners. The back cover also looks clean for this type of paper quality. I just don't know what to do with the crease line running down the back. Is it completely smooth? If so, it may be of little concern. I've got one with a more noticeable crease (all manufacturing) that actually breaks color during the printing process, and I have no idea how to assess a grade for it.

I'm thinking 9.4 for this one though (assuming no real crease, just a printing line). Nice book!

I've a lot of practice with these and still get it spectacularly wrong at time. This candidate does look good and haven't seen black's so vibrant on any of my submissions thus far (has this image had any post processing?).

I'd have this at least a 9.6 with the current dirt on the back cover; a chance at 9.8 with a clean.

Has it got the original boomerang? All my recent submissions had this included...

I've a lot of practice with these and still get in spectacularly wrong at time. This candidate does look good and haven't seen black's so vibrant on any of my submissions thus far (has this image had any post processing?).

I'd have this at least a 9.6 with the current dirt on the back cover; a chance at 9.8 with a clean.

Has it got the original boomerang? All my recent submissions had this included...

Sorry not really been on the site much lately so only just saw your comment.

the image hasn't had anything done to it after the scan. but i know what you mean i've had a few of these and never saw one so bright as this. i have another number 2 signed by Chris Claremont currently at CCS for a press and clean. i kind of wish i had found this for that signature instead.

And yeah it came with its original boomerang as well. i will send this in before end of year along with a 8, 9 and 10 that are similiar to this so i can get my 1-10 collection almost finished off