• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading question

4 posts in this topic

I used to buy CGC graded books, but after aquiring a half dozen I realized the money I was spending in the extreme overpricing related to graded books.

I have since been purchasing very nice copies of non-graded books and have a very decent collection. My question is, are there any grading services out there that do not slab and charge a $10+ fee per book so I can have an unbiased idea of the grade of my books for my own info? I am not interested in slabbing them, but I would like to make sure they are all complete and find out where they fall in teh grading scale.

I woudl do it myself, but I want to be unbiased and have someone experienced do it.

Thanks!!! thumbsup2.gif

Buy the OS Grading Guide from your local shop. Grade the books yourself and just follow the Guide strictly.

It is tough to grade your own stuff w/out bias initially, but you'll get better after practice. Throw up a few scans in the grading/resto forum and have some of those guys give you ideas on what you may be missing when grading you stuff. thumbsup2.gif