• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New CGC inner well and questions .......

52 posts in this topic

WAIT A SECOND!!!

What is all the complaining about SCS doing in this thread? The daily limit of complaining about pressing hasn't been met yet. We're still about a thousand posts short of this in various threads across the forum.

Please refrain from [#@$%!!!]ing about SCS until the pressing quota has been met...THEN proceed to [#@$%!!!] about SCS.

Thank you,

Snooty

President

Beat a Dead Horse Society

There's just too much conflicting interest here.

We need to all get together and have a Collectors vs. Flippers softball game someday.

I'd have to play on both sides . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

You're definitely a flipper sumo.gifstooges.gif

I thought that CGC recommended replacing the micro-paper used to stabilize/neutralize the acid build-up in the slab, once every 7 years...?

That's only because they think (even they aren't sure) that the paper losses it's effectiveness after seven years, not because it will cause any harm.

I'm not suggesting that the "depleted" micro-chamber paper will cause any harm... but what about the prospect that the "depleted" micro-chamber paper will cease to inhibit whatever harm it is meant to curb?

Of course CGC isn't going to state that "not replacing the micro-chamber paper will cause damage/harm to the encapsulated book" - even if they knew this to be the case they wouldn't phrase it that way, based on past precedent. The "we advise that you have books reholdered after 7 years in order to replace the micro-chamber paper" is a CYA tagline. That way, if anything *does* happen to the PQ or whatever, the CGC lawyers still have a defensible position.

WAIT A SECOND!!!

What is all the complaining about SCS doing in this thread? The daily limit of complaining about pressing hasn't been met yet. We're still about a thousand posts short of this in various threads across the forum.

Please refrain from [#@$%!!!]ing about SCS until the pressing quota has been met...THEN proceed to [#@$%!!!] about SCS.

Thank you,

Snooty

President

Beat a Dead Horse Society

893censored-thumb.gif pressing

There's just too much conflicting interest here.

We need to all get together and have a Collectors vs. Flippers softball game someday.

I'd have to play on both sides . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

You're definitely a flipper sumo.gifstooges.gif

makepoint.gif

I thought that CGC recommended replacing the micro-paper used to stabilize/neutralize the acid build-up in the slab, once every 7 years...?

That's only because they think (even they aren't sure) that the paper losses it's effectiveness after seven years, not because it will cause any harm.

I'm not suggesting that the "depleted" micro-chamber paper will cause any harm... but what about the prospect that the "depleted" micro-chamber paper will cease to inhibit whatever harm it is meant to curb?

Of course CGC isn't going to state that "not replacing the micro-chamber paper will cause damage/harm to the encapsulated book" - even if they knew this to be the case they wouldn't phrase it that way, based on past precedent. The "we advise that you have books reholdered after 7 years in order to replace the micro-chamber paper" is a CYA tagline. That way, if anything *does* happen to the PQ or whatever, the CGC lawyers still have a defensible position.

I think it has more to do with the fact that people who actually change the paper will resend their books in and pay CGC more money.

That sounds like a good conspiracy.

LET'S RUN WITH IT!!!

Quick...somebody start a bunch of threads about this and let's burn those

crooked sons-a-[#@$%!!!] to the ground! mad.gif

Ze just implied that it's stupid to have books slabbed unless you're going to flip them, and I wanted to know why? If you're a collector, and don't care about the $$, then why is it stupid?

Stupid?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I just said it was your perogative if you wanted to slab Moderns to keep... and to each his own.

While I do not personally collect, buy, sell, slab anything to do with Moderns. I sure would not say it is stupid that others do. I know better then to poke a stik at anyones collecting tastes.

I just do not understand it. Same way as others might not give a hoot if I wanna buy a SA Marvel Tales # 5

In my post I was talking about Modern Books, how they are new and readily available.. it seemed to me slabbing was an expense that seemed excessive unless you intended to flip the book for a profit.

Others related that they like the holder.. and how it looks on the wall.

That I can appreciate.

I hope you dont think I intended to say you were stupid.

We just differ in how we spend our cash.

Ze

Pressing is ___________

Ze just implied that it's stupid to have books slabbed unless you're going to flip them, and I wanted to know why? If you're a collector, and don't care about the $$, then why is it stupid?

Stupid?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I just said it was your perogative if you wanted to slab Moderns to keep... and to each his own.

While I do not personally collect, buy, sell, slab anything to do with Moderns. I sure would not say it is stupid that others do. I know better then to poke a stik at anyones collecting tastes.

I just do not understand it. Same way as others might not give a hoot if I wanna buy a SA Marvel Tales # 5

In my post I was talking about Modern Books, how they are new and readily available.. it seemed to me slabbing was an expense that seemed excessive unless you intended to flip the book for a profit.

Others related that they like the holder.. and how it looks on the wall.

That I can appreciate.

I hope you dont think I intended to say you were stupid.

We just differ in how we spend our cash.

Ze

Pressing is ___________

Oh flowerred.gif