• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC 100 page Super Spect. #4 Weird Mystery Tales - Tainted copy

22 posts in this topic

Buy my book please. Nice book but the story behind it is not. I bought this over a year ago from everyone's favorite Eugene, Oregon Ebay dealer Terence Leder AKA TDcomicsncardz. At the time it was an unrestored CGG 8.5. A while back it turned into a CGC 7.5 PLOD with white pages and small amount of color touch on cover (no really, how could THAT be? foreheadslap.gif). Anyway, it's still a nice looking copy of the book but I just don't want it anymore. If anyone wants it for an even $100 including Priority shipping to the US then please PM me. ----Sid

773557-1.jpg

773557-1.jpg.277bee4b3b915a35a91ee5b6c0a2e380.jpg

Nice book, but I think you might have trouble finding a buyer for a BA PLOD at that price. Good luck though. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Very tough book to find in nice shape.

I know, the bit of CT scares people off. I'm not desperate to sell it though but it does leave a bad taste in my mouth due to the backstory of the book.

Sid, take a Black Light to it. This is actually one of the few BA horror books that is Notorious for CT, because of the cover and its harder to catch with the naked eye. As October Fire has indicated you will have a hard time selling at that price, Its a nice book with great Eye appeal from the look of it, though the scan was a tad blurry, I'd just keep it.

This brings up the question? Does PGX have a black light. You might want to crack it and see if you can spot the resto - then call CGC for the notes. At least the book will haev served as a training tool in a way then and given you some benefit for future purchases.

Great book, but it always bothered me that Wrightson messed up the Demon's right hand!

foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif Never noticed that and now it's going to bother me too....that was one of my favorite BA covers! 893naughty-thumb.giftongue.gif

Have you figured out where the CT is?

Although I can't confirm it because I am certainly not a resto detection expert, it looks like it may have been a ball point pen covering over what may have been a color breaking crease on the lower right corner of the cover. It's the only place that I can see that it could be.

Sid, take a Black Light to it. This is actually one of the few BA horror books that is Notorious for CT, because of the cover and its harder to catch with the naked eye. As October Fire has indicated you will have a hard time selling at that price, Its a nice book with great Eye appeal from the look of it, though the scan was a tad blurry, I'd just keep it.

This brings up the question? Does PGX have a black light. You might want to crack it and see if you can spot the resto - then call CGC for the notes. At least the book will haev served as a training tool in a way then and given you some benefit for future purchases.

I should buy a black light, I don't have one now though. This is one of my favorite books but I have several more copies of it so I don't need this one. One is nicer but got rejected by CGC due to overhang. I've got a few more mid range copies and a few lower as well, including a VG+ on Ebay right now. Interesting about the backwards hand, I hadn't noticed it yet either. foreheadslap.gif

Great book, but it always bothered me that Wrightson messed up the Demon's right hand!

Who's to say that's a mistake? smile.gif

It's more eerie that way. Or else a little artist in-joke.

When we used to play Call of Cthulhu RPG the little things that were just a touch off seemed to be the scariest.

Marc

Hey Marc do you have any copies of this book??

Noooo...

The only things we have that even come to mind as being close are a few of the other one-shot lesser known DC giant-size ones. Stuff that doesn't compare to this one in terms of price, scarcity, or grail-ness. (e.g. Super DC 23--The Unexpected, DC Special Series 2--Swamp Thing, 12--Secrets of Haunted House.)

I should buy a black light, I don't have one now though. This is one of my favorite books but I have several more copies of it so I don't need this one. One is nicer but got rejected by CGC due to overhang. I've got a few more mid range copies and a few lower as well, including a VG+ on Ebay right now. Interesting about the backwards hand, I hadn't noticed it yet either. foreheadslap.gif

I don't have the world's most powerful black light, but with the one I have, ballpoint pen doesn't flouresce any differently than the regular black cover ink that is already on the comic. I'm not sure that a black light will help you catch ballpoint pen touchup. I think you have to rely on your own eyes and a strong, incandescent light for that.