• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Garage Sale help. Your opinion please?

9 posts in this topic

I'm having a garage sale next Saturday and I want to get rid of some slow movers by putting out my own "dollar box" of, well, dollar-box stuff (e.g., low-grade BA/CA readers, plus misc. non-key, non-variant, non-hot moderns. Plus some Image/Valiant filler before I recycle it.)

How would you price 'em?

• $1 per book, straight up?
  • $1 each, 6 for $5?
  • $1 each, 7 for $5, 15 for $10?

(I'd go down as low as $0.25 if someone bought in mass quantities.)

Does this seem fair? Is it in line with what you see from other non LCS casual sellers at other flea markets and garage sales? Is there some other obvious pricing plan I'm forgetting about? [Other than "FREE TO GOOD HOME"?]

Tell people you sprinkled $20 bills in many books. They have to buy em without checking the bag first. Then have shills keep getting twenties and wait for the sales to boom.

I do them 6 for $5 makes 6 move faster (thumbs u

This is a good idea...the bundle. I also always have some good stuff off to the side. If you get a more serious collector, and you have books that are higher end that you may want to part with, it's good to be prepared.