• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Staple impressions and grade

107 posts in this topic

IMG_20160617_235850_zpscrghueed.jpg

Thank you.

So...after the "fix" date.

Certification #: 0287518003

Title: Savage Wolverine

Issue: 3

Issue Date: 5/13

Issue Year: 2013

Publisher: Marvel Comics

Grade: 9.6

Total Graded At: 2

Page Quality: WHITE

Grade Date: 05/24/2016

Variant: Variant Edition

Category: Modern

Art Comments: Frank Cho story & art

Adi Granov cover

IMG_20160617_225534_zps5sdw5hek.jpg

Ooo :(

It would seem that most books cracked out of the new slab would have staple indentions like this since there is tremendous force exerted on the spine to hold the book in place ?

:news: For the tender-hearted, I'm not bashing CGC but just an observation

I submitted it and I cracked it because I wasn't happy with grade. (Only 9.8 moderns for me) The notes mentioned light color lift on the back. This is a tiny amount of color loss that occurs on the back of most new Marvel's due to the cheap paper. I have several 9.8 with the same amount of "scuffing". It's at the bottom corner and at one staple/spine area.

I submitted it and I cracked it because I wasn't happy with grade. (Only 9.8 moderns for me) The notes mentioned light color lift on the back. This is a tiny amount of color loss that occurs on the back of most new Marvel's due to the cheap paper. I have several 9.8 with the same amount of "scuffing". It's at the bottom corner and at one staple/spine area.

Thanks! I just wanted to ensure the notes didn't say something along the lines of staple impressions.

Did you happen to save the mylar when you cracked it out?

And, if so, would it be possible to inspect it for staple impressions and/or color lift/rub in the staple areas the mylar was adjacent to?

There is no color on the mylar, but you can see areas where the staples were and also the edges of the book. I wouldn't call them impressions since there isn't any physical distortion, but more like a slightly hazy spot....that's the best I can describe it. Also, one sheet of mylar is noticeably thicker than the other.

There is no color on the mylar, but you can see areas where the staples were and also the edges of the book. I wouldn't call them impressions since there isn't any physical distortion, but more like a slightly hazy spot....that's the best I can describe it. Also, one sheet of mylar is noticeably thicker than the other.

I hate to keep asking for favors, but this is actually a really big deal.

Could you possibly take some close-ups pics of those hazy spots?

We would really appreciate it.

Look to the left of the light glare and you'll see a spot that looks almost like an 8 with a line going straight up....that's what I was describing
it looks like the impression of the staples?