• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Staple impressions and grade

107 posts in this topic

I appreciate all the responses and discussion. I do not remember those marks being there before I submitted it and I check my books VERY thoroughly before subbing...still I could have missed it. I just know that it stood out to me immediately after cracking it. I personally feel like it would not count against the grade, and I just wanted some more feedback.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:. I'm glad someone suggested to check a raw book of the same issue; I never thought of that. I looked at the regular cover to #3 and it does have slight staple impressions at the bottom. They are not nearly as deep but they are there. It seems like this could be somewhat normal for this issue....

I appreciate all the responses and discussion. I do not remember those marks being there before I submitted it and I check my books VERY thoroughly before subbing...still I could have missed it. I just know that it stood out to me immediately after cracking it. I personally feel like it would not count against the grade, and I just wanted some more feedback.

I'm just trying to rule out all possible scenarios before accepting the worst case one. Nothing personal and like Ditch said, thank you for the information, it is very telling.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:. I'm glad someone suggested to check a raw book of the same issue; I never thought of that. I looked at the regular cover to #3 and it does have slight staple impressions at the bottom. They are not nearly as deep but they are there. It seems like this could be somewhat normal for this issue....

Can you take a pic? And post both pics together for comparisons

Thanks

I'm just trying to rule out all possible scenarios before accepting the worst case one. Nothing personal and like Ditch said, thank you for the information, it is very telling.

[/quote

Its great to see the forum community looking at things with a critical eye towards pre-existing damage first, well done. That way if there are validated issues they can provide valuable info to both CGC and the community. Just curious if this was a one book submission or a batch submission?

It can also happen or worsen if the packing for submission is packed tight.

I thought you said you were in no way affiliated with CGC.

How would you know if people's submissions were being affected due to there packing?

I thought you said you were in no way affiliated with CGC.

How would you know if people's submissions were being affected due to there packing?

lol

Something tells me you're here for the stir....from the other place...where people not named are from.