• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eckmans Card Comic & Toy Show San Antonio May 14 2017 Military Appreciation Show

17 posts in this topic

I figure Ill just bump this thread for all the 2017 shows. First show next weekend.

Hope to see you all there and if there is anything specific you want me to bring to the show PM me. Ha and I just noticed I am in the video around the 52 second mark trying to sell some books as they are talking to Brian.

:)

Edited by THB

Weird Paper and I will have:

25 boxes individually priced ($15 and up) Marvel and DC Silver, Bronze, Copper, Modern

25 boxes of $2, $5, $10 Marvel and DC Silver, Bronze, Copper, Modern

20 boxes of $1 books (no junk,(no 90's image books!) no dupes, complete runs of titles. late 70's - current

and a bunch of wall books- Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper, and Modern Keys.

this is what our booth looked like a Comicpalooza in Houston a few weeks ago-

IMG_8121_zpsm3tiu6dn.jpg

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

Not a shabby show. Found some great dollar books and sold some great books. Most people were not looking for modern spec books but Riri Williams was asked for quite a bit.

Not a shabby show. Found some great dollar books and sold some great books. Most people were not looking for modern spec books but Riri Williams was asked for quite a bit.
I'd say you did. I was working those boxes from the other end and got a few decent things (Ghost Rider 1 & 2, Eternals 1 variant, Astro Boy), but nothing like you found. :o

I'd say you did. I was working those boxes from the other end and got a few decent things (Ghost Rider 1 & 2, Eternals 1 variant, Astro Boy), but nothing like you found. :o

We need pictures of the loot!

Here is the set up that caught my eye.... tucked away at the far end of the show.....

.5_zpsn2ymy8lm.jpg

And books I pulled before Weird paper joined in the fun....

.3_zpsexvammoc.jpg

.2_zpss2ghyaaj.jpg

And the big boys......Sold the 1st and 3rd book at the show.

.6_zps58xven8g.jpg

and other $1 finds through out the show....

.1_zpstlb7hou8.jpg

More dollar books and the Harvey digests were .25 cents each.....

.4_zpsqcxqwnsv.jpg

The Australian comics and Astro Boy came from Weird Paper the Laugh was $8(looks VF),Punisher $2 and Supes $15 so I figured why not?

.7_zpsnsvdvnlv.jpg

Board member Grebal hit the con with bags of Fajita tacos and passed them around. :) Thanks!!!!

Edited by THB

Here is the set up that caught my eye.... tucked away at the far end of the show.....

.5_zpsn2ymy8lm.jpg

And books I pulled before Weird paper joined in the fun....

.3_zpsexvammoc.jpg

.2_zpss2ghyaaj.jpg

And the big boys......Sold the 1st and 3rd book at the show.

.6_zps58xven8g.jpg

and other $1 finds through out the show....

.1_zpstlb7hou8.jpg

More dollar books and the Harvey digests were .25 cents each.....

.4_zpsqcxqwnsv.jpg

The Australian comics and Astro Boy came from Weird Paper the Laugh was $8(looks VF),Punisher $2 and Supes $15 so I figured why not?

.7_zpsnsvdvnlv.jpg

Hold that Laugh for Abel. He'll want it.

Good show. 1K+ attendance. Brisk sales. Found some cool books that have been on my want list for a long time. Strange Tales #89, Voyage to the bottom of the Soul (Lost in Space TPB).