• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Hierarchy: Poll 9: 4th - 6th

Silver Age Hierarchy - 4th to 6th  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Silver Age Hierarchy - 4th to 6th

55 posts in this topic

Easy vote for me:

Hulk #1

JIM #83

FF #1

Due to the arguments in the last vote, I have come around to placing the X-Men in higher significance than the other 3 books as it spawned a much more important franchise.

Mutants > Inhumans. :sumo:

11 people voted for FF #1 as well, so there's that.

I ascribe it to less experienced early SA comic readers having less historical perspective Millenials.

Fixed it for you. :preach:

I am a late X/early Y and FF #1 is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. (shrug)

I ascribe it to less experienced early SA comic readers having less historical perspective Millenials.

We forgive you. You are in a small minority that got it wrong. :baiting:

I ascribe it to less experienced early SA comic readers having less historical perspective.

Historical perspective is the only reason I didn't start voting it out sooner.

Barring Hulk smashing SC4, i think we can extrapolate what the top 3 books will be. I have to say the collective knowledge of the members on these Boards is impressive, so this top 30 list is very meaningful. Once the final official tally is in it will be interesting to line up the top 30 Boardie SA books against the OSPG top 30.

FWIW, putting personal feelings aside, i was surprised at the strength of FF48 and SC22. Everything else pretty much in line with what I expected, although would have expected ASM 1 to have squeezed into the #10 slot.

I ascribe it to less experienced early SA comic readers having less historical perspective.

Historical perspective is the only reason I didn't start voting it out sooner.

Historical perspective is the central reason why FF1 -- and, for that matter, SC4 -- deserve the great weight the majority of voters ascribe to them.

lol

I guess that means that the majority of posters in this thread are readers born before 1955? :foryou:

Barring Hulk smashing SC4, i think we can extrapolate what the top 3 books will be. I have to say the collective knowledge of the members on these Boards is impressive, so this top 30 list is very meaningful. Once the final official tally is in it will be interesting to line up the top 30 Boardie SA books against the OSPG top 30.

FWIW, putting personal feelings aside, i was surprised at the strength of FF48 and SC22. Everything else pretty much in line with what I expected.

I ascribe it to boomers and gen exers. Green Lantern and Silver Surfer were huge in the late 60's through the early 80's.

I guess that means that the majority of posters in this thread are readers born before 1955? :foryou:

Or born before 1970! :preach:

If you were born after 1955 then ASM would have been the top dog when you started reading comics.

It's going to take more than this:

jS1JfJA.jpg

And this:

UvjyM2m.jpg

To erase this:

85C7lUF.jpg

And this:

XoP3AWS.jpg

As long as there are comic books, FF 1 will be relevant. I continue to be amused by dissenting opinions though.

FF 1 is one of the HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPS of the comic book world, regardless of era.

Or born before 1970! :preach:

If you were born after 1955 then ASM would have been the top dog when you started reading comics.

Exactly! Hence the decreased significance in FF 1, and what needs to be increased importance for ASM #1 going forward

It's going to take more than this:

jS1JfJA.jpg

And this:

UvjyM2m.jpg

To erase this:

85C7lUF.jpg

And this:

XoP3AWS.jpg

As long as there are comic books, FF 1 will be relevant. I continue to be amused by dissenting opinions though.

FF 1 is one of the HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPS of the comic book world, regardless of era.

Hear! Hear! :golfclap:

Well, not THIS era, since Marvel isn't currently putting out a FF comic anymore. :/

I don't think anyone is saying FF 1 isn't a top ten book. It's just that, to me at least, it's not a top 3 book. Just my personal feelings. Your mileage may vary, and that's what makes these lists fun. (thumbs u

Poll outlier... :makepoint:

lol

I was born 12/31/1954 and I can prove it! :insane:lol